07/13/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants and In-kind services to Mississippi nonprofits and businesses for events that promote tourism in the City of Jackson. Eligible events include conferences, tradeshows, conventions, sporting events, meetings, and equine events. Recipients may receive funding and services that assist in the promotion of their event.
Qualified applicants must clearly demonstrate the capability to generate a positive economic impact by attracting verifiable delegates or attendees from outside the Jackson area to stay overnight in Jackson hotels and patronize Jackson restaurants.
Depending on the size and scope of the event, recipients may qualify for a wide range of valuable items, services, and/or funding including the following:
Bureau Services: Your event may qualify for the following:
- Invitations: The official invitation packet may include letters from the Governor, Mayor, the Convention & Visitors Bureau, area attractions and businesses. An exciting video on Jackson is also available.
- Lodging Information: Visit Jackson will canvass local hotels/motels for space, rates, accommodations and dates for your meeting.
- Program Coordination: Visit Jackson can put you in touch with the right people to coordinate your convention program, prepare a tour, organize a spouses’ or children’s program, and fulfill transportation needs.
- Attendance Promotion: For your registration packet, Visit Jackson will provide your membership with materials such as area interest pamphlets, hotel and restaurant information, maps and visitor brochures.
- Publicity: Your convention or meeting will be a newsmaker, so Visit Jackson will distribute one news release on your behalf to our area media. Also available are images of Jackson for use in preparing your organization’s publications.
- Welcome: Visit Jackson can extend a warm welcome to your convention delegates at the opening of your convention.
- Registration: Professional registration assistants are available with the equipment necessary to service your event on site. Other electronics, such as audio/visual devices, are available by rental from local vendors.
- Preprinted, computer-generated name badges with pre-printed ribbons for your delegates can be provided by the Bureau with at least three weeks’ notice.
- Brochures: Visitor information brochures are available for your convention registration desks when in stock and with a two-week advance request.
GrantWatch ID#: 181176
Funding is for projects that will occur between October 1, 2018, and September 30, 2019.
Organizations may apply for events taking place in Jackson. Applicants may indicate either nonprofit or for-profit status on their application.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., July 13, 2018.
Please contact the Funding Support administrator at anytime to ask questions or schedule a meeting to discuss the application guidelines.
Applicants must use Jackson venues and hotels to be eligible to receive Visit Jackson funding.
Funding will be disbursed at the conclusion of the event and a review of final report.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have questions, please contact:
Christine Blackmon-McInnis, Funding Support Administrator
111 East Capitol Street, Suite 102
Jackson, MS, 39201/ P.O. Box 1450
Jackson, MS, 39215-1450
USA: Mississippi: Jackson