Foundation / Corporation
Rotary Club of Fort Collins (RCFC)
05/20/19 5:00 PM - for Youth Program Grants only
Grants of up to $5,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations in the Fort Collins area for projects related to arts and science, education, youth, and health and welfare. Eligible projects are those that demonstrate innovation, address local needs, and respond to issues in the community. Grants may be used for special projects or services that include capital items. Programs must serve the Fort Collins area which also includes Laporte, Wellington, Bellvue, and Timnath areas.
The charitable needs of the community are great and every quarter the Rotary Club of Fort Collins (RCFC) will distribute Community Grants sponsored by the Foundation's membership to very deserving nonprofit service organizations in the local Fort Collins area.
Nonprofit service organizations may qualify for more than one category but are encouraged to apply in the category that matches their primary mission statement or the primary purpose of their service or project.
GrantWatch ID#: 181200
- Limit grant requests to a maximum of $5,000
- Community Grant awards typically range from $1,000 - $3,000
- Organizations must be nonprofit agencies and hold an IRS 501(c)(3) designation
- Organizations must be resident in and provide services in the Fort Collins area which also includes Laporte, Wellington, Bellvue, and Timnath areas
- Projects and services must address local needs, be available to the community as a whole, and/or target a specific segment of the community in need.
- Projects or services should be unique and innovative; grant may be used for capital items, and special projects or service
- Organizations may apply in multiple Grant categories but may only receive one grant during the RCFC Fiscal Year (July – June).
- Organizations are not eligible to be considered for a Grant if they received a RCFC Grant the prior year.
- Organizations are not eligible to be considered for a Grant if they are designated to receive money from other RCFC fundraising activities during the RCFC Fiscal Year (Jul-to-Jun) such as the Peach Festival, New West Fest, etc.
- Grant money will not be awarded to retire debt, for general operating expenses, to assist specific individuals, or to duplicate established projects in the community.
- The Community Grants Science category is for non-education programs.
Completed applications for Youth Program Grants must be submitted in electronic pdf format by email by 5:00 PM, on Monday, May 20, 2019. Grant awards will be made starting June 14, 2019.
General grant schedule:
Arts and Sciences
- Press Release: January 3
- Application Due Date: February 16 by 5:00 PM
- Grant Award: Starting March 21
- Press Release: April 1
- Application Due Date: May 20 by 5:00 PM
- Grant Award: Starting June 14
- Press Release: July
- Application Due Date: August
- Grant Award: Starting September
Health and Welfare
- Press Release: October
- Application Due Date: November
- Grant Award: Starting December
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of your submissions, please make contact.
Community Grant Eligibility Criteria: https://www.rotarycluboffortcollins.org/Page/community-grant-eligibility-criteria
Grant Categories and Schedule: https://www.rotarycluboffortcollins.org/Page/grant-categories-and-schedule
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kathy Nicol, Chair
Community Grants Committee
Rotary Club of Fort Collins
P.O. Box 1206
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1206
USA: Colorado: Fort Collins area which also includes Laporte, Wellington, Bellvue, and Timnath areas