Missoula City Council
10/24/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $500 and grants of up to $3,000 to Montana organizations, nonprofits, neighborhood groups, and individuals for projects that will benefit local residents in Missoula. Applicants should attend a workshop taking place Septemeber 12, 2017. All projects must take place and benefit the city of Missoula. Funding may be used towards individual projects or combined with other matching funds/grants.
TTwo types of grants available.:
1) Small Projects
- Be located or expend funds within City limits and benefit City residents
- Be sponsored by a Neighborhood Council Leadership Team and documented by the minutes of the meeting, or the Community Forum Leadership Team.
- Market or give recognition to the Community Forum and/or Neighborhood Council(s) in some way.
2) Large Projects - Available for projects that enhance the quality of life in our community. Projects/programs must be located within city limits, and/or benefit city residents, and must fall under one of the three focus areas:
- Neighborhood Planning: projects that seek to guide the future direction of a neighborhood.
- Neighborhood Improvement: projects that seek to improve the physical dynamics of a neighborhood.
- Neighborhood Outreach: projects that strengthen neighborhood participation and build opportunities for neighborhood communication, interaction and problem-solving
GrantWatch ID#: 181219
Small Grants: Up to $500
Large Grants: Up to $18,000 is made available with individual grants up to $3,000 each
For Small Projects: Organizations may apply. Your organization does not need to be a tax exempt 501 (c)(3) organization to receive funds.
For Large Projects: Neighborhood organizations, neighborhood councils, nonprofit groups, and other individuals may apply.
Funds may not be used for:
- Direct social services
- Ongoing general organizational support or overhead
- Direct grants, scholarships or loans for the benefit of a specific individual
- Loans or debt
- Annual appeals or fundraisers
- Emergency funding
- Event insurance or alcohol permits
- Business promotion
A pre-application workshop will be held on September 12, 2017, 6:00 PM at:
The Jack Reidy Conference Room
140 W. Pine St.
Missoula, MT 59802.
Applicants are strongly advised to attend as the grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
For Large Grants, the application will be due by October 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
For Small Grants, the Community Forum will review and approve the small project grant applications at their monthly meetings which are held on the fourth Thursday of each month. The deadline is the last Thursday of the month in order to be considered the following month.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Large Grant applications must be sent to:
Office of Neighborhoods
435 Ryman St.
Missoula, MT 59802
Jane Kelly, Neighborhood Coordinator
Karen Gasvoda, Program Assistant
USA: Montana: Missoula