Morris County Department of Planning and Public Works - Division of Planning and Preservation
06/15/18 4:30 PM
Grants to Morris County, New Jersey municipalities and qualifying nonprofit conservancies for the acquisition and preservation of land and open spaces. Eligible projects involve land or water areas designated for conservation and recreational purposes, as well as sites of historic significance.
The following acquisition strategies shall be considered in the allocation of funds from the Municipal and/or Qualified Charitable Conservancy program of the Morris County Preservation Trust Fund:
1. Projects which qualify for State Green Acres funding.
2. Multi-use projects (projects including several elements such as water protection, recreation, historic and scenic preservation, etc.)
3. Projects involving land under immediate threat of commercial, industrial or residential development where the development of the property would be inconsistent with the overall character of the community.
4. Projects submitted by municipalities with little or no existing lands preserved as open space or recreation.
5. Projects with matching funds.
6. Joint public/private sector projects.
7. Projects consistent with County and Municipal Open Space Plans.
Projects eligible for consideration for funding from the Morris County Municipal and/or Non-Profit program of the Morris County Preservation Trust Fund include the following:
1. Land or water areas for recreation and conservation purposes, including but not limited to:
a. Parkland, natural areas, greenways;
b. The protection of ecologically sensitive areas including freshwater wetlands, steep slopes, and stream corridors;
c. The preservation of lands containing exceptional flora or fauna;
d. The preservation of areas of scenic, historic and cultural value;
e. Passive and active outdoor recreational opportunities;
f. The protection of critical water supplies such as areas surrounding municipal/county wells, aquifer recharge protection areas or watershed areas, and floodplains.
2. The acquisition of historic sites eligible under the Historic Preservation Trust Fund Program.
GrantWatch ID#: 181257
The following entities are eligible to apply for funds:
1. Any of the thirty-nine municipalities in the County of Morris
2. Charitable conservancies
Projects ineligible for consideration for funding from the Morris County Municipal and/or Non-Profit program of the Morris County Preservation Trust Fund include but are not limited to the following:
1. Sites which will remain predominantly covered by buildings or structures, except sites which meet historic preservation criteria under the Historic Preservation Trust Fund Program.
2. Former landfill sites.
3. Sites which at the time of application are designated (i.e., zoning, plan and/or court settlement) for affordable housing.
4. Development costs such as the construction of ballfields, tennis courts, roads etc.
5. Any administrative, maintenance, care, custodial or policing expenditures associated with the acquisition of open space.
6. Sites already owned by municipalities/qualified charitable conservancies or acquired during the application process.
7. Flood mitigation acquisition projects, except projects which have been reviewed and rejected by the Flood Mitigation Committee (FMC) or the Board of Chosen Freeholders (See Sec. 6.8 Acquisition Procedures).
The deadline to apply is 4:30 PM on Friday, June 15, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, please contact:
Barbara Murray, Program Coordinator
USA: New Jersey: Morris County