Foundation / Corporation
New Jersey Child Assault Prevention (NJCAP)
Grants to New Jersey early childhood facilities for programs that improve the school climate and prevent bullying. Proposals will include workshops for teachers, staff, and support staff, programs for parents, and programming for students that is developmentally appropriate for 3½ to 5-year-olds.
The facility applying for the Early Childhood CAP Program will meet the following criteria:
1. The facility will support the implementation of the CAP model according to the design of International Center for Assault Prevention (ICAP), including:
- Teacher/Staff Workshops – Provide 1½-2 hours of continuous and uninterrupted time for teacher inservice.
- Support Staff - (e.g. bus drivers, crossing guards, maintenance and kitchen staff) will be invited to participate in parent or staff workshops.
- Parent Workshops - Provide space to conduct a minimum of one, 1½-2 hour parent workshop.
- Preschool Workshops - Provide one hour on three consecutive days for the classroom workshops including Review Time. The school will allow the post workshop review to take place in the classroom. Children interested in participating in Review Time shall be permitted the time to attend.
- Kindergarten Workshops - Provide one hour on two consecutive days for classroom workshop including Review Time. The school will allow the post workshop review to take place in the classroom. Children interested in participating in Review Time shall be permitted the time to attend.
2. All Preschool (3½ -5 years old) and Kindergarten Classes within the contracting facility will participate.
3. The facility will have Board approval (if applicable).
4. All Early Childhood Facilities will participate in a CAP evaluation process which will require that each teacher complete an evaluation of the classroom workshop and the Facility Administrator is required to complete an in-person exit interview with the county coordinator.
5. After the CAP project has finished implementation, the facility administration will continue to encourage their students and parents to utilize CAP strategies in the classroom and in the community
GrantWatch ID#: 181262
The Early Childhood Facilities will be available for implementation during the time frame of October 2, 2017 and June 13, 2018.
Only state or federally funded licensed Early Childhood Facilities are eligible for this round of funding. This may include Headstarts, Abbott community childcare centers, those facilities which have voucher slots funded by the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) and any facilities receiving state and federal funds (SSBG, Preschool Expansion, etc.)
Instructions: The Early Childhood Facility Administrator will complete the following application, review and sign Implementation Timelines and Contract Criteria, and return it to the CAP State Office by September 11, 2017.
Early Childhood Facilities applying for CAP funding are requested to provide 30% of the total cost of implementation.
The match may only be waived if there is a demonstrable financial need, eligibility for urban aide funding or other related factors. In these circumstances, a waiver letter on school district letterhead, from the Chief School Administrator, must accompany this application. Applications requesting exemption will not be accepted without the waiver letter.
By June 16, 2017 – The CAP State Office will have provided Early Childhood Applications to all County CAP Coordinators to be distributed to all interested Early Childhood Facilities within their counties.
By September 11, 2017 – Application Deadline- All applicants will have reviewed the application with the County Coordinator, completed the application and returned back to the CAP State Office.
By September 29, 2017 - All applicants will have been selected and notified of their grant awards. Contracts and purchase orders will follow.
By June 15, 2018- All CAP Early Childhood Workshops will have been completed. Deadline extensions must be approved by the CAP State Office.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send the signed and completed application to: email@example.com
856-582-7000 ext. 154
New Jersey Child Assault Prevention
200 College Drive
Blackwood, NJ 08012
USA: New Jersey