Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development - Office of Outdoor Recreation
02/28/19 5:00 PM MST
Grants starting at $5,000 to Utah nonprofits and local or tribal agencies for the creation of outdoor recreational facilities. Funding is intended for projects that are open to the public and that provide economic opportunities for the local communities through increased tourism and the retention of area residents.
Eligible Outdoor Recreation may include, but is not limited to:
- Construction of new trails, including vertical trails, and trail infrastructure (e.g. bridge or tunnel)–for either motorized or non-motorized users. Construction of sustainable trails to replace poorly made DIY trails.
- Recreational trail facilities (e.g. trail or wayfinding signage, trailhead parking, kiosks, restroom facilities etc.)–for either motorized or non-motorized users.
- Creation of amenities on rivers or lakes for recreation; revitalization of a river for recreational purposes; ramp/launch sites to improve water access areas.
- Outdoor recreation amenities such as substantial outdoor climbing structures within a community park or other areas.
- Structures for wildlife or bird viewing areas. Structures for fishing areas, including ADA0compatible fishing piers or platforms.
- Projects that provide outdoor recreation opportunities for people of all abilities, including those with impairments.
- Projects that provide winter recreation amenities for the public. Note that a winter trail proposal may include grooming equipment but should also include more permanent structures as well (e.g. kiosk, signage, warming hut).
- Construction or improvement of a range or structure for outdoor shooting sports, including archery.
- Community-owned or sponsored campground facilities, including yurts or treehouses for camping. (Can collect fees to cover costs.)
Eligible Costs or Matches:
GrantWatch ID#: 181268
In 2019, award amounts will range from a minimum of $5,000 up to a maximum of $150,000.
Project must be complete within 24 months of the signed contract date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Tara McKee, Program Manager
Danielle Haddad, Program Assistant
Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development
60 East South Temple, 3rd Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84111