Foundation / Corporation
Impact 100 Owensboro
06/05/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Greater Owensboro area, Kentucky nonprofit organizations for initiatives in education, culture, family, environment and recreation, and health and wellness. Applicants must attend a workshop prior to applying. Funds can be used for programming, capital expenditures, endowment funding, research and development, and collaborative project and programs.
This grant is to enable the applicant to pursue a dream that it might otherwise be unable to complete.
GrantWatch ID#: 181283
A proposal must be for the full $100,000 grant amount. The project’s total budget may exceed $100,000; but if so, the grant application must indicate how the remaining funds will be secured.
As membership grows, more than one $100,000 grant will be awarded. Residual grants from remaining money beyond the $100,000 funds will be divided equally among the remaining finalists.
An organization must expend the $100,000 grant within 24 months of award. Residual funds must be spent within 12 months of the award.
To qualify for an IMPACT 100 Owensboro grant, an organization must be recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and have proof of good standing and current registration with State of Kentucky Secretary of State.
- Must be located in the Greater Owensboro area, or may be the recognized local chapter of a state or national organization serving this region.
- Must submit a proposal for a project or program that is implemented in or serves residents of the Greater Owensboro area.
- Cannot discriminate based on religion, ethnicity or gender.
- Must demonstrate sustainability and community support, which may be evidenced by public donations, volunteerism, and utilization of the organization’s facilities and/or programming.
- A past recipient of an IMPACT 100 Owensboro $100,000 Grant (individual recipient or collaborative partner) must wait 3 years to reapply.
- A past recipient of an IMPACT 100 Owensboro Residual Grant may reapply with no wait.
Any portion of the grant funds used for Endowment purposes by the agency shall remain in principal for at least six years.
IMPACT 100 Owensboro will not accept applications that are for:
- General operating expenses or overhead (i.e. if your agency provides books, the IMPACT 100 Owensboro grant cannot be used for books; salaries for existing staff; utilities; etc.)
- Partisan, legislative, political, or religious activities
- Repayment of previously incurred debt
Grant Writing Workshop for Nonprofits
April 24 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
If your nonprofit agency is considering applying for a Grant in 2019, please make plans to attend the Grant Writing Workshop this year. There have been changes to the Grant application and processes, so it’s imperative you attend to hear firsthand all the exciting news!
For more details: https://impact100owensboro.org/event/grant-writing-workshop-2/
Applications must be delivered by June 5, 2019 at 5 p.m. An agency may submit only one grant per year to IMPACT 100.
- April 18: Reveal – How much will the Grants be for 2019!
- April 24: Grant Writing Workshop
- June 5: Deadline for submitting Grants
- July - August 18: Focus Group Discussions/Site Visits/ Finalist Selection
- August 20: Finalists Announcement
- September 22: Finalists site visits completed
- October 3: Finalists luncheon
- October: Annual IMPACT 100 Meeting and Announcement of Winners
Finalists will be notified by phone. All other applicants will be notified by both email and mail prior to the press conference in August 2019. There will be five finalists making presentations at the Annual Meeting.
Grant Submission Guidelines: https://impact100owensboro.org/grant-application/
Grant Process: https://impact100owensboro.org/grant-process/
Grants Questions and Answers: https://impact100owensboro.org/grants-questions-answers/
Grant Calendar: https://impact100owensboro.org/2012-grant-calendar/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be delivered to:
Mary Embry, Edward Jones Investments
3811 State Route 54, Suite 104
Owensboro, KY 42303
For additional information or questions regarding the criteria please contact the IMPACT 100 Grants Committee at email@example.com.
USA: Kentucky: The Greater Owensboro Area