Foundation / Corporation
Grant Healthcare Foundation (GHF)
08/23/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Chicago area, Illinois nonprofit organizations for efforts to improve access to high-quality health care services, especially in underserved communities. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full application. The Funding Source is most interested in supporting the following types of proposals:
- Programs that provide direct health services within Chicago's most underserved communities
- Programs that increase access to care for underserved and vulnerable populations
- Innovative models that have meaningful outcome measures in place to better understand the program's effectiveness and can be readily adapted for use by other organizations
- Organizations with effective management and a broad base of support in their communities
- Organizations that have strong collaborations with other like-minded community organizations to leverage their work
GrantWatch ID#: 181396
Most grants are for a term of one year. Multi-year commitments are rarely made and usually only after a finding that a specific project will not be implemented without such a commitment. Multi-year commitments are subject to annual review and timely receipt of all required reports.
To be considered for funding an organization must be designated as tax-exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Grant Healthcare Foundation will accept proposals only for programs to be conducted within the Chicago area.
Organizations that have not met reporting requirements will be barred from submission of any future applications to the Foundation.
Grant Healthcare Foundation will not make grants to support:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, creed, age, or national origin
- Religious purposes or religious organizations whose services are limited to any one sectarian group
- Political activity or lobbying
- Fundraising events
LOI deadline: Friday, May 10, 2019 by 5:00 p.m
Application deadline: Friday, August 23, 2019 by 5:00 p.m
Final decisions: December 2019
Letter of Inquiry Stage:
Grant Healthcare Foundation (GHF) provides grants one time per year and has a two stage grant process. All organizations interested in being considered for funding from GHF must submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), even if the organization has been funded in the past. For the 2019 funding cycle, LOI's are due by Friday, May 10, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Application Stage (by invitation only)
After initial review, a subset of organizations will then be approved to move on to the second stage of the process and will be asked to submit a full application. This is by invitation only. For the 2019 funding cycle, applications will be due by Friday, August 23, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
All final grant decisions are made in December.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Letter of Inquiry Form:
All questions should be directed either by email or telephone to:
Kate O'Connor, Executive Director
Grant Healthcare Foundation
500 North Western Avenue, Suite 204
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
USA: Illinois: Chicago Area