Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, and Connecticut nonprofit organizations for community benefit activities in eligible communities. Funding is intended for the focus areas of financial literacy, basic needs, health, and human services. Organizations must operate and serve communities where Webster branches and hub sites are located:
- Massachusetts: Boston
- Rhode Island: Providence
- New York: White Plains
- Connecticut: Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Watertown, Waterbury, West Hartford, and Wilton
Funding areas include:
- Financial Literacy: Organizations that help low-income families and individuals learn how to achieve financial self-sufficiency
- Food and Shelter: Agencies that deliver services to cover basic needs and/or address the root causes of hunger and homelessness
- Health and Human Services: Programs that are designed to advance economic independence and self-sufficiency with a focus on those that serve a broad cross-section of people
GrantWatch ID#: 181398
To be considered for a grant from Webster, organizations must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Grant requests must fit within the three program areas and align with strategic plans
- Applicants must be from registered 501(c)3 non-profit organizations that serve low/moderate income individuals and families
- Organizations must operate and serve communities where Webster branches and hub sites are located
- Greater consideration is given to organizations that incorporate evaluation measures to ensure positive results
- Use of funds must not be on Webster's corporate list of ineligible activities (see Supporting Documents)
- An organization and program must be in operation for a minimum of 2 years and be able to show a history of success
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. To be considered for the current year, applications must be received no later than the third Thursday in November.
If applying for funding related to an event, please make your submission 6-8 weeks prior to event date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties and need assistance in submitting or accessing your online application, please email CommAffairs@WebsterBank.com.
For all other Webster inquiries, please contact Customer Service at 800-325-2424.
USA: Connecticut: Greenwich, Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Watertown, Waterbury, West Hartford, and Wilton; Massachusetts: Boston; New York: White Plains; Rhode Island: Providence