Howard County Arts Council (HCAC)
05/15/19 11:59 PM
In-kind grants of theater rental fees for a performing arts theater to Howard County, Maryland nonprofit arts organizations. The grants are intended for arts activities sponsored by local groups in order to promote arts opportunities for artists, audiences, and arts organizations.
The JRT Subsidy Program assists local arts organizations and community arts groups by partially underwriting theater rental fees at The Jim Rouse Theatre for the Performing Arts. The JRT is located on the campus of Wilde Lake High School in Columbia.
Goals of the Subsidy Program:
- To maximize use of The Jim Rouse Theatre by local arts organizations.
- To make The Jim Rouse Theatre affordable for arts activities sponsored by local arts organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 181429
- Organization must be incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, 501(c)3.
- Applicant must be an arts organization based in Howard County. Applicant organization must maintain their primary office and present at least 50% of their arts programs in Howard County.
- Organization must be soundly managed and financially accountable, and provide proof thereof.
- Activities of applicant organization must be open to the general public, whether free or fee based.
- Reasonable accommodations must be made for people with disabilities upon appropriate notification of need.
HCAC does not fund travel, budget deficits, capital expenditures, purchases of permanent equipment, or projects whose primary function is not artistic, such as fundraising events.
- February 2019: Grant applications available online
- May 15, 2019: Deadline for applications. Applicants can submit up to 11:59 PM.
- September 6, 2019: Earliest announcement of grant award or rejection
- July 14, 2020: FY20 Final Report Due
If your organization is not applying for a FY 2020 CAD Operating or Project grant, but would like to apply for the JRT Subsidy, please phone the HCAC for further instructions.
Grant guidelines: https://hcac.gosmart.org/page.php?id=256
Tech Tips: https://hcac.gosmart.org/techtips.php
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online portal: https://hcac.gosmart.org/login.php
Please direct all questions to HCAC at 410-313-2787.
Howard County Center for the Arts
8510 High Ridge Road
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
USA: Maryland: Howard County