Foundation / Corporation
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
07/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $40,000 to Central Oklahoma nonprofit organizations for programs benefiting children throughout the area. Applicants are required to contact Foundation staff prior to submitting a full proposal. Applicants must also submit an initial application in order to receive access to the online application. Funding is intended to support literacy and school readiness programs, foster services, and recreational and social activities for children from birth to age 14.
The Opportunities for Children iFund program was designed to support organizations that provide direct services and/or offer access to opportunities that otherwise would not be available to the child. Strong preference is given for programs that serve children with developmental disabilities (physical or intellectual).
Grant Funding Goals:
1. To support early childhood programming for individuals who lack access for economic, social or geographic reasons.
2. To encourage preventative services for children at risk of chronic health conditions.
3. Priority will be given to projects that leverage other resources and that demonstrate cooperation between two or more organizations.
One-time grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations for programs offering direct services for children that:
- Provide programming or services for pre-school aged children focused on school readiness. This would include early education programs, early literacy programs and family engagement programming. Preference will be given to proposals that include developmentally appropriate, evidence-based strategies.
- Provide supportive services for foster children. This could include housing services, mental health services, mentoring, basic needs, resource centers, education, therapeutic services, life skills, job skills training, recreational opportunities or re-unification.
- Provide recreational, social, and cultural activities for children who otherwise would not have the opportunity to participate. This would be limited to after-school and out-of-school care programs serving children birth to 14 years.
GrantWatch ID#: 181450
Grants will be in the range of $5,000 to $40,000.
One-time grants will be awarded.
501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide direct services for children from birth to age 14 in the central Oklahoma area and have governing boards based in the central Oklahoma area are eligible to apply. Note: Individuals completing an application must be a staff member or member of the governing board.
Grants may be made for existing or new direct services programs. Grants may also be made for equipment involved in a direct service program. Programs should be generally open and not restricted by residency or membership or restricted to individuals associated with a particular institution.
No grants will be made for capital campaigns, fund-raising events, research projects, and purchase of vehicles or for clinical equipment or facility construction. Lower priority will be given to support administrative needs such as occupancy, communications, computer equipment, and overhead.
All interested applicants are encouraged to attend an informational meeting about the Opportunities for Children iFund grant program 3:00 p.m., June 7, 2019, at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Grant Information Meeting: June 7 at 3:00 p.m. at OCCF
- Online Application: Available after June 7, 2019
- Access to Grant Application Deadline: July 9, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Grant Application Deadline: July 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM
In order to streamline the online application process, all applicants are required to have a published GiveSmartOKC profile. (See www.GiveSmartOKC.org.)
Interested applicants are requested to please contact Rachel Mouton to discuss eligibility for grant funding.
Grant applications will be accepted via an online form after the nonprofit has been invited to apply.
To receive an invitation to apply, please email the name and address of your organization no later than July 9, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Include a brief description of your project and the target population.
Grantees will be notified of a decision by late August.
For more information: https://occf.org/ifunds/children.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To receive an invitation to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discuss eligibility for grant funding, contact:
(subject line: Opportunities for Children iFund Grant Application)
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
1000 N. Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
P.O. Box 1146
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-1146
USA: Oklahoma: Central area