Foundation / Corporation
Charles H. Stout Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for charitable, scientific, educational, literary, or religious purposes. Funding is also intended for the prevention of child abuse and cruelty to animals. Priority will be given to organizations where at least one member of the Foundation either resides or visits frequently, in order that the utilization of funds can be more easily monitored.
The trustees reside in the following locations: Montgomery, Texas; Oakland, Murrieta, and Walnut Creek, California; and London, United Kingdom.
Preference is given to organizations that have low administrative and overhead costs so that the majority of the funds will apply to the primary need. Grant requests to fund capital improvements for such organizations will also be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 181481
Approved grants are dispersed from October 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
The Foundation intends to remain flexible in the granting of funds from year to year. Consequently, pledge, annual or continuing grants will be made only in unusual circumstances.
Grants shall be made only to USA organizations which have been granted federal tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The following will not be considered:
- Applications from institutions that do not have tax-exempt status from the Federal government and applicable state government.
- Applications from organizations which unfairly discriminate against race, ethnic origin, sex or creed.
- Applications for direct or indirect loans to individuals or organizations.
- Applications that do not comply with the Foundation's stated Application and Procedure requirements.
- The grant application process for 2020 is open from January 1, 2019 to June 15, 2019.
- Approved grants are dispersed from October 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
About the Foundation:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Martha Stout Gilweit, Vice President and Trustee
Katherine Gilweit Cartiglia, Secretary and Trustee
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming