Foundation / Corporation
PNC Charitable Trusts - New Jersey
Grants to Northern New Jersey nonprofits, IHEs, and agencies for programs with a broad charitable focus and that seek to improve the quality of life in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, and Warren Counties. Priority is given to programs that address a community need and involve collaboration.
Funding supports projects and programs that:
- Reflect the core social mission of the applicant's organization
- Address a need in the community and for which there is a demonstrated demand
- Have broad impact or benefit underserved populations
- Have measurable outcomes and a plan for documenting results
- Have detailed project budgets and demonstrate effective financial accountability
- Involve collaboration with other organizations
- Support year-round programming
- Complement rather than duplicate the work of other non-profit organizations
Grantmaking priorities include:
- Organizations that are direct providers of services, with projects and programs that meet donors' intent
- Programs in communities where donors lived and/or engaged in their grantmaking activities
- Applicant demonstrates a capacity to meet the stated objectives of the request; and those objectives are clearly
articulated and measurable
- The critical nature of the need being addressed by the proposed program
- Organizations with strong leadership, diversified income streams, and long-term sustainability that have demonstrated efficiencies in delivering their services
GrantWatch ID#: 181697
Size of grants depends on the fit with donors' intent, availability of funds, breadth of organizations represented in the grant proposal mix, and the project's social impact.
The grants are one-time awards and are not pledges of continued support. Multi-year commitments are not made.
Eligible organizations are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Code in one of the following subsections:
- 4940(D)(2) Private operating foundation exempt from paying excise taxes or investment income.
- 4942(J)(3) Private operating foundation (other)
- 509(A)(1) Private nonoperating foundation
170(B)(1)(a)(i) Church (Religious organization)
170(B)(1)(a)(ii) School (University)
170(B)(1)(a)(iii) Hospital or medical research organization
170(B)(1)(a)(iv) Organization which operates for benefit of college or university and is owned or operated by a governmental unit.
170(B)(1)(a)(v) Governmental unit
170(B)(1)(a)(vi) Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public.
- 509(A)(2) - Organization that normally receives no more than one-third of its support from gross investment income and unrelated business income and at the same time more than one-third of its support from contributions, fees, and gross receipts related to exempt purposes.
- 509(A)(3) - Organizations operated solely for the benefit of and in conjunction with organizations described in the previous seven items.
509(A)(3) - Type I
509(A)(3) - Type II
509(A)(3) - Type III functionally integrated
509(A)(3) - Type III not functionally integrated
- 509(A)(4) - Organization organized and operated to test for public safety.
Grants are not generally provided for the following:
- General operating costs
- Event, conference or seminar sponsorships or entry fees
- Pilot or new programming
- Multi-year commitments
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national origin
Application deadline for the foundation is July 31.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, first take the eligibility quiz: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4790&x_quiz_id=5432&x_order_by=1
USA: New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, and Warren Counties