Foundation / Corporation
PNC Charitable Trusts - Ohio
Grants to Ohio nonprofits for programs with a broad charitable focus that seek to improve the quality of life for residents of Fairfield County, with an emphasis on the city of Lancaster. Priority is given to programs that address a community need and involve collaboration.
The PNC Charitable Trusts' grantmaking priorities:
- Organizations that are direct providers of services, with projects and programs that meet donors' intent
- Programs in communities where donors lived and/or engaged in their grantmaking activities
- Applicant demonstrates a capacity to meet the stated objectives of the request; and those objectives are clearly articulated and measurable
- The critical nature of the need being addressed by the proposed program
- Organizations with strong leadership, diversified income streams, and long-term sustainability that have demonstrated efficiencies in delivering their services
The PNC Charitable Trusts support programs and projects that:
- Reflect the core social mission of the applicant's organization
- Address a need in the community and for which there is a demonstrated demand
- Have broad impact or benefit underserved populations
- Have measurable outcomes and a plan for documenting results
- Have detailed project budgets and demonstrate effective financial accountability
- Involve collaboration with other organizations
- Support year-round programming
- Complement rather than duplicate the work of other nonprofits
GrantWatch ID#: 181724
Size of grants depends on the fit with donors' intent, availability of funds, breadth of organizations represented in the grant proposal mix, and the project's social impact.
The grants are one-time awards and are not pledges of continued support. Multi-year commitments are not made.
Eligible organizations are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Code.
Grants are not generally provided for the following:
- General operating costs
- Event, conference or seminar sponsorships or entry fees
- Pilot or new programming
- Multi-year commitments
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national origin
Grant proposals are reviewed two times a year with deadlines of April 1 and October 1.
Organizations who receive funding are asked to wait at least 18 months before applying again.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, first take the eligibility quiz: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4790&x_quiz_id=5432&x_order_by=1
Please submit applications to:
USA: Ohio: Fairfield County, with an emphasis on the city of Lancaster