Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region
Grants to Virginia and North Carolina nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies, including towns and public schools, for projects and activities that promote the protection and revitalization of the Dan River. Funding will be provided for projects that take place in the Dan River Basin, which includes Patrick, Henry, Pittsylvania, Halifax, and Mecklenburg Counties and the City of Danville in Virginia; and Stokes, Caswell, and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina.
The ultimate goal of these grants is to ensure that the Dan River is kept beautiful, protected, and central to the recreational and economic well-being of the region for generations to come.
Eligible programs should address one of the five focus areas listed below:
- Responsibly address water quality for regional residents and companies.
- Encourage new development that ecologically features the River.
- To improve the cleanliness of the River and the Basin and help protect it from environmental threats.
- Increase access to the River for family friendly sports, recreation and entertainment.
- Effectively promote the River to build regional pride and encourage tourism.
GrantWatch ID#: 181759
Eligible organizations must be nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations or governmental agencies, including towns and public schools.
The RiverBank Fund will accept applications for projects that primarily benefit the Dan River Basin, which includes Patrick, Henry, Pittsylvania, Halifax, and Mecklenburg Counties, and the City of Danville in Virginia, and Stokes, Caswell, and Rockingham Counties in North Carolina.
Click here for more information about applying for a grant: http://www.cfdrr.org/grants/applying-for-a-grant/
- Early June: The Grant Application process is opened and notices are mailed to all organizations on the Fund's mailing list
- Early August (Exact Date - July 31): Deadline for Grant Applications
- Late September: Community Foundation first-cut response sent to organizations
- October/November: Members of the Distribution Committee review applications and conduct site visits before they meet in mid-November
- Mid December: Community Foundation Board approves recommendations made by Distribution Committee
- Late December: Notification letters are mailed to organizations
- Mid January: Grant Reception held and checks are presented to the finalists
- Late June: Interim Grant Report Due
- Late December: Final Grant Report Due
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: North Carolina: Stokes, Caswell, and Rockingham Counties; Virginia: Patrick, Henry, Pittsylvania, Halifax, and Mecklenburg Counties, and the City of Danville