Foundation / Corporation
PNC Charitable Trusts - Pennsylvania
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofits and agencies for programs with a broad charitable focus that seek to improve the quality of life in Cumberland, Dauphin, and Lancaster Counties. Applicants must contact program staff before applying.
The Committee supports projects and programs that:
- Reflect the core social mission of the applicant's organization
- Address a need in the community and for which there is a demonstrated demand
- Have broad impact or benefit underserved populations
- Have measurable outcomes and a plan for documenting results
- Have detailed project budgets and demonstrate effective financial accountability
- Involve collaboration with other organizations
- Support year-round programming
- Complement rather than duplicate the work of other non-profit organizations
Grantmaking priorities include:
- Organizations that are direct providers of services, with projects and programs that meet the donors' intent
- Programs in communities where donors lived and/or engaged in their grantmaking activities
- Applicant demonstrates a capacity to meet the stated objectives of the request, and those objectives are clearly articulated and measurable
- The critical nature of the need being addressed by the proposed program
- Organizations with strong leadership, diversified income streams, and long-term sustainability that have demonstrated efficiencies in delivering their services
GrantWatch ID#: 181771
Size of grants depends on the fit with donors' intent, availability of funds, breadth of organizations represented in the grant proposal mix, and the project's social impact.
The grants are one-time awards and are not pledges of continued support. Multi-year commitments are not made.
Eligible organizations are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and servce Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Lancaster Counties.
Grants are not generally provided for the following:
- General operating costs
- Event, conference or seminar sponsorships or entry fees
- Pilot or new programming
- Multi-year commitments
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national origin
Applications to each of these trusts are reviewed through the quarterly meetings, and proposals are due February 1, May 1, August 1, and October 1.
Prior to submitting an application, please contact program staff using the contact information below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4790&x_quiz_id=5432&x_order_by=1
USA: Pennsylvania: Cumberland, Dauphin, and Lancaster Counties