Foundation / Corporation
PNC Charitable Trusts - Pennsylvania
Grants to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for community benefit activities. Applicants must take an eligibility quiz and contact Foundation staff before applying for a grant. In general, funding is intended for projects and programs that follow the subsequent guidelines:
- Reflect the core social mission of the applicant's organization
- Address a need in the community and for which there is a demonstrated demand
- Have broad impact or benefit underserved populations
- Have measurable outcomes and a plan for documenting results
- Have detailed project budgets and demonstrate effective financial accountability
- Involve collaboration with other organizations
- Support year-round programming
- Complement rather than duplicate the work of other non-profit organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 181773
Size of grants depends on the fit with donors' intent, availability of funds, breadth of organizations represented in the grant proposal mix, and the project's social impact.
Grants are generally not given for multi-year commitments.
- Grants are awarded to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that support the City of Philadelphia.
- Organizations should have strong leadership, diversified income streams, and long-term sustainability that have demonstrated efficiencies in delivering their services.
- Organizations should be direct providers of services, with projects and programs that meet the donors' intent.
- The applicant should demonstrate a capacity to meet the stated objectives of the request, and those objectives should be clearly articulated and measurable.
Generally, grants are not provided for the following:
- General operating costs
- Event, conference or seminar sponsorships or entry fees
- Pilot or new programming
- Multi-year commitments
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national origin
Applications are due Septemer 1, 2017. Applicants must contact Foundation staff and receive an invitation to apply.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
First, take the eligibility quiz online:
Prior to submitting an application, please contact:
If you are invited to apply, register and apply online:
USA: Pennsylvania: Philadelphia