Foundation / Corporation
PNC Charitable Trusts - Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD
Grants to Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC nonprofits and agencies in the Greater Washington, DC area for programs with a focus on education as well as medical or scientific research. Applicants must contact program staff before applying. Priority is given to programs that address a community need and involve collaboration.
- Organizations that are direct providers of services, with projects and programs that meet the donors' intent
- Programs in communities where donors lived and/or engaged in their grantmaking activities
- Applicant demonstrates a capacity to meet the stated objectives of the request; and those objectives are clearly articulated and measurable
- The critical nature of the need being addressed by the proposed program
- Organizations with strong leadership, diversified income streams, and long-term sustainability that have demonstrated efficiencies in delivering their services
GrantWatch ID#: 181782
Size of grants depends on the fit with donors' intent, availability of funds, breadth of organizations represented in the grant proposal mix, and the project's social impact.
The grants are one-time awards and are not pledges of continued support. Multi-year commitments are not made.
Florence Nesh Charitable Trust has a geographic focus of the Greater Washington, DC area. Eligible organizations are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Grants are not generally provided for the following:
- General operating costs
- Event, conference or seminar sponsorships or entry fees
- Pilot or new programming
- Multi-year commitments
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national origin
The application deadlines are February 1 and May 1.
Prior to submitting an application, please contact Letieri Schnor.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, first take the eligibility quiz: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4790&x_quiz_id=5432&x_order_by=1
Greater Washington, DC area
USA: Maryland; Virginia; Washington, DC