Foundation / Corporation
Kettering Family Philanthropies (KFP) - Virginia W. Kettering Foundation (VWKF)
Grants to Ohio nonprofit organizations, faith-based organizations, and units of government for programs and projects that benefit residents in eligible counties. The funding source strongly recommends that you contact their office to discuss your proposed program prior to beginning the application process. Request summaries are due by January 31.
Primary Areas of Support:
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
- Human Services
- Public/Society Benefit
GrantWatch ID#: 181848
A Request Summary will not be accepted for multi-year grants.
Organizations that are not units of government or affiliated with a religious organization must have a current 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS. Fiscal sponsorships will be accepted, but only under special circumstances.
The Foundation supports charitable activities within eight counties in Ohio (Montgomery, Greene, Clark, Miami, Darke, Preble, Butler, and Warren), as well as Kettering University, the Cincinnati Zoo, and the Sloan-Kettering Institute.
A Request Summary will not be accepted for any of the following purposes.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual public elementary or secondary schools or public school districts
- Multi-year grants
- To add to or create an endowment fund
- Grants or loans to individuals
- Tickets, advertising or sponsorships of fundraising events
- Efforts to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation
- Activities of 509(a)(3) Type III Supporting Organization
- Request Summaries for the Foundation's next grant cycle will run from December 1, 2017 until January 31, 2018.
- If your organization is invited to submit a Full Proposal, the deadline will be March 15, 2018.
Detailed Application Process:
- The Foundation strongly recommends that you contact their office to discuss your proposed program before you start the application process.
- KFP uses a two-step application review process that operates on a biannual cycle, December – May and June – November. The appropriate KFP Committee (Committee) first reviews a Request Summary. If interested, the Committee will invite the applicant to submit a Full Proposal.
- Submit the Request Summary by the due date, either January 31 or July 31. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the information is due the next business day. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. You will be advised by email of the outcome of the Committee’s review in approximately three weeks.
- If you have received an email inviting you to submit a Full Proposal, access your Account to complete the process. Full Proposals are due March 15 or September 15. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the information is due the next business day. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. You will be contacted if additional information is needed. A site visit may be requested.
- Notice of approval or denial will be communicated to you within 10 days of the Committee’s meeting. If you are awarded a grant, the chief executive officer of your organization will be required to sign a Grant Recipient Agreement that outlines the duties and responsibilities of being a grant recipient. Generally grants are paid within 45 days of the Committee’s meeting.
- Faxed, mailed or hand-delivered Request Summaries and Full Proposals will not be accepted, unless KFP has agreed to an exception.
- Only one Request Summary per calendar year may be submitted to any one of the Kettering Family Philanthropies.
- Previously supported organizations are eligible to submit a Request Summary for the same or different purpose, if the previous grant has been fully expended, and all required reports have been submitted and accepted by KFP.
Please read these Helpful Hints before you begin to fill out the application form: http://www.cfketteringfamilies.com/helpful-hints
Click here for more information: https://www.cfketteringfamilies.com/vwk/about-us
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.cfketteringfamilies.com/user/register
Please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-228-1021. (KFP is in the Eastern Standard time zone.)
USA: Ohio: Montgomery, Greene, Clark, Miami, Darke, Preble, Butler and Warren