Foundation / Corporation
Central Carolina Community Foundation - Lynches River Conservation Board
Grants to South Carolina nonprofit organizations and government agencies for projects and activities that improve the water quality of the Lynches River watershed. The Foundation will award grants to cover land acquisition costs and to support conservation projects. Supported projects will be those that improve the water quality and ecological integrity of the Lynches River watershed.
This grant is intended to fund up to the full amount of land acquisition costs; however, preference will be given to organizations with multiple sources of funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 181878
Total amount available for granting over four years (2018-2021) is $4,000,000, with $1,000,000 available annually. Applicants may propose projects larger than $1,000,000, with project funding disbursed in annual installments depending on the progress of the land acquisition.
If awarded, this grant funding may reimburse due diligence costs (those completed after March 31, 2019 or appraisals after August 30, 2018) and/or the purchase price of a specified property or its conservation easement.
Grants are available to 501(c)3 or government agencies. If the applicant is a land trust, preference is given to those accredited by Land Trust Accreditation Commission.
- August, 30 2018 | Application available
- December 31, 2018 | Deadline to submit applications online. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- January - March, 2019 | The Lynches River Conservation Board reviews applications. All applicants must be available during this time period to provide a timely (within two business days) response to any questions posed by the committee.
- March 31, 2019 | Finalists are notified. All finalists must then conduct due diligence (e.g., appraisal, survey, ESA, title commitment) for the property. Only those costs encumbered after notification of selection as a finalist are reimbursable, with the exception of an appraisal for conservation which can be conducted after August 30, 2018.
- June, 2019 | Finalists interviewed by the Board
- June 30, 2019 | Awardees will be selected among the finalists and notified by this date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://yourfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/z1u0yelv1mhqw4d/
Questions can be directed to Erin Johnson, Vice President of Community Investment, 803-254-5601 x 322 or email@example.com.
Central Carolina Community Foundation
2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213
Columbia, SC 29204
Map of Lynches River Conservation Fund Service Area: https://www.yourfoundation.org/sites/default/files/userfiles/lrcf_service_area_08292018.pdf
USA: South Carolina: The Lynches River watershed region