Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Wyoming nonprofit organizations and government entities for programs that promote cycling, encourage safety, and advocate for cycling causes. Proposals can include cycling events such as races, school safety events, and bike and pedestrian trail facility improvements.
The purpose of Cycle Wyoming is to:
1. Promote the general interest of safe bicycling in all its phases.
2. Make available to bicyclists of all abilities the opportunity to participate in appropriate cycling activities.
3. Provide bicycling related educational services and materials to businesses, the community, and government officials.
4. Advocate for cycling related causes and rights.
5. Encourage the recognition of the bicycle as a vehicle used for recreation, health, and economical transportation.
Applications for Bicycling Advocacy and Empowerment Grant funds that contain one or more of the following factors will be considered more favorably than those that contain fewer or none of the factors:
- Projects that create or enhance collaboration between bicycling interests and public/private organizations.
- Projects that incorporate funding outside of Cycle Wyoming monies into their budgets, including matching funds from local state or national sources.
- Projects that take a wide-reaching and long-term view of achieving the goals and objectives of Cycle Wyoming.
- Projects that have superior monitoring and oversight protocols built into their standard operations.
- Projects that are streamlined and efficient, allowing for a widespread distribution of funds.
- Projects that are able to sustain their activities after Cycle Wyoming funds are spent.
GrantWatch ID#: 181883
Bicycling Advocacy and Empowerment Grants will be made to only those entities who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Non-profit organizations that are certified through the office of the Secretary of State.
- Government entities involved with construction and promotion of cycling facilities.
Cycle Wyoming accepts grant applications twice annually, in the Fall and in the Spring. The deadline for the Fall 2017 applications is October 1, 2017. The deadline for Spring 2018 is March 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send application packages to:
Bicycling Advocacy and Empowerment Grant Applications
c/o Amber Travsky, Director
1116 Albin St.
Laramie, WY 82072
Email (preferred mode)
Send application materials by email to email@example.com