Foundation / Corporation
First Community Foundation Partnership (FCFP) of Pennsylvania - Lycoming Economic Development Foundation Fund
Grants totaling $50,000 to Lycoming County, Pennsylvania nonprofits and units of local government for programs that promote commercial, economic, and industrial development. Eligible programs are those that address one or more of the following:
1. Invest in job creation and/or retention.
2. Demonstrate best practices in providing or developing a skilled workforce with a focus on workforce development for low-income individuals.
3. Improve access to infrastructure.
4. Encourage environmentally sustainable approaches to economic development.
5. Provide micro-enterprise (businesses with 10 or less employees) development through intermediaries
6. Leverage or generate other funding sources and/or propose use of a Foundation grant to attract matching funds.
GrantWatch ID#: 181900
The grant period is set for one year, following board approval: January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- Applicants must be qualified to receive tax-exempt contributions as defined by the IRS - in the vast majority of cases, applicants will be 501(c)(3) organizations or a unit of local government described in Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants without 501(c)(3) status may work through another qualified 501(c)(3) organization that is willing to serve as a Fiscal Sponsor for the applicant.
- Applicants with a clear charitable purpose
- Organizations that do not have any outstanding or overdue final reports for any previously awarded economic development grant
The Foundation will not consider requests for the following:
- Annual campaigns
- General operating expenses: such as salaries for current staff positions, rent, utilities, office expenses (Salaries for new staff for program enhancements may be considered)
- Multi-year funding requests
- Operating or program deficits
- Requests from individuals
Applications must be received by September 29, 2017. Final funding decisions will be announced by mid December.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
FCFP Philanthropy Center
Attn: Director of Grantmaking
201 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Or submit electronically to:
For additional information please contact:
Betty Gilmour, Director of Grantmaking
USA: Pennsylvania: Lycoming County