Kittitas County - Board of Commissioners Office
08/16/17 5:00 PM Postmarked or Receipt
Grants to Kittitas County, Washington local and tribal governments, local housing authorities, nonprofit community organizations, behavioral health organizations, housing assistance organizations, and for-profit developers for short and long-term programs to eliminate homelessness.
The intent of this act is to assist in the development and preservation of affordable low-income housing to address critical local housing needs. Affordable housing funds must be used for housing activities that serve very low-income households at or below 50% of the area median income, with a priority on extremely low-income households at or below 30% of the area median income.
Eligible activities under local plans include:
- Rental and furnishing of dwelling units for the use of homeless persons;
- Costs of developing affordable housing for homeless persons, and services for formerly homeless individuals and families residing in transitional housing or permanent housing and still at risk of homelessness;
- Operating subsidies for transitional housing or permanent housing serving formerly homeless families or individuals;
- Services to prevent homelessness, such as emergency eviction prevention programs including temporary rental subsidies to prevent homelessness;
- Temporary services to assist persons leaving state institutions and other state programs to prevent them from becoming or remaining homeless;
- Outreach services for homeless individuals and families;
- Development and management of local homeless plans including homeless census data collection; identification of goals, performance measures, strategies, and costs and evaluation of progress towards established goals;
- Rental vouchers payable to landlords for persons who are homeless or below thirty percent of the median income or in immediate danger of becoming homeless; and
- Other activities to reduce and prevent homelessness as identified for funding in the local plan.
All applications for funding should address one or more of the priorities outlined in the 2017 Kittitas County Homelessness and Affordable Housing Plan as described below:
- Increase capacity and sustainability for all types of homeless sheltering.
- Connect shelter clients to services to reduce homelessness.
- Increase site-based rental vouchers for people who are homeless with wrap-around case management through current partnerships.
- New affordable housing development.
- Increased access to rental vouchers.
- Promotion of private landlord usage of Section 8 rental vouchers.
- Programs which increase access to affordable home ownership.
GrantWatch ID#: 181901
Funds for the 2017 RFP shall begin on January 1, 2018.
Funds may be requested for one or more years.
Eligible recipients of this funding shall include those entities described in RCW 43.185.060 including “local governments, local housing authorities, behavioral health organizations established under chapter 71.24 RCW, nonprofit community or neighborhood-based organizations, federally recognized Indian tribes in the state of Washington, and regional or statewide nonprofit housing assistance organizations. Eligibility for assistance to be provided if the proposal is accepted also requires compliance with the revenue and taxation laws, as applicable to the recipient, at the time the grant is made.”
For-profit developers may also qualify if the funds are used only for projects as defined in RCW 36.22.178 (See Section 1: Affordable Housing Funds).
Recipient of funds must be in compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines, laws, regulations, codes, and comprehensive plans.
If a potential applicant has questions about this Request for Proposals, the questions may be submitted in writing via email, fax, mail, or in person by July 19, 2017. Responses will be published online by August 1, 2017.
July 7, 2017 - Request for Proposals published
July 19, 2017 - Questions from applicants due in writing
August 1, 2017 - Responses to questions published
August 16, 2017 - RFP responses/applications DUE
November 1, 2017 - Applicants notified if awarded funding or not
January 1, 2018 - Funding start date
All program funding shall be distributed as reimbursements.
Administrative costs are not to exceed 15% of the non-administrative budget (see budget template.)
Press release on the grant opportunity: http://www.co.kittitas.wa.us/press/default.aspx?prID=9927
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be faxed, emailed, mailed, or delivered to:
Fax: (509) 962-7679
The Kittitas County Commissioners Office
205 W. 5th Ave. Room 108
Ellensburg, WA 98926
USA: Washington: Kittitas County