Foundation / Corporation
Millennium Campus Network (MCN)
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA, Canada, and International youth activists for projects that promote the conservation and sustainable use of marine and freshwater resources. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the priority deadline of July 30th. Special consideration will be given to initiatives that focus on promoting sustainable fisheries.
The objectives of this grant program are reflected in the proposed United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #14.
The MCC is looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally your peers to mobilize in this sector. Applicants should ask themselves how they can engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation. The proposed campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research. Applicants should also ask themselves how they will mobilize their community and inspire youth leaders worldwide to take part in the fight for sustainable practices that protect the world's oceans and freshwater systems.
The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about the oceans and marine resources as you do. The specifics of the prize are outlined in the Estimated Size of Grant section below.
GrantWatch ID#: 181935
The Prize includes:
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign
- Recognition on the main stage at MCC17 in Rabat, Morocco
- The chance to co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14 at MCC17
- The opportunity to write for MCC's media partners about your campaign during MCC17
- The chance to co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
The Prize Winner will launch and co-curate the campaign action group from November 16th-19th. Between November and May 2018, the campaign will be in action. All delegates and Millennium Fellows with passion for this sector are involved via on-campus action and global webinars.
Informational video conference via Zoom:
Date/Time: July 26th, 12pm-1pm EST
Anyone who has already applied for, or wants to learn more about, the Oceans Campaign is welcomed to join the video conference. Joining the call will be a member of the Ocean Campaign's generous funder, the Remmer Foundation, past winners of the campaign, and a surprise guest from the sustainable oceans sector.
RSVP via the link in Contact Information below.
- July 26th, 12pm-1pm EST: Informational video conference via Zoom
- July 30th: This is the priority deadline for the Oceans Campaign. Applicants are encouraged to submit an application before this deadline.
- By September 17th: Rolling applications accepted until this date. Early applications strongly encouraged. Applications for the conference are also due before this date.
- Early October: Prize winner selected
- November 16th- 19th: Prize Winner launches and co-curates campaign action groups
- November 16th- 19th: Millennium Oceans Prize Winner formally recognized in front of all delegates at MCC17 in Rabat, Morocco (if the winner cannot make it to the conference in Rabat, Morocco, they should still be available during this time frame for a video call into the conference.)
- November- May 2018: Campaign is in action. All delegates and Millennium Fellows with passion for this sector are involved via on-campus action and global webinars
- Summer/Fall 2018: Campaign results shared at MCC17
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to join the July 26th video conference via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/201796682
Millennium Campus Network
101 Huntington Avenue Suite 2205
Boston, MA USA
Moroccan Millennium Leaders
Building 30, Apartment 8, Moulay Ahmed
Loukili Street, Hasan-10000, Rabat
Kingdom of Morocco
Application inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
General inquiries: email@example.com
Phone: +1 617-492-9099, Extension 65223
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.