Foundation / Corporation
Heritage Fund - The Community Foundation of Bartholomew Count
12/01/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Indiana nonprofits, schools, municipalities, and libraries to address emerging community needs in Bartholomew County. Funding is intended to improve and strengthen the quality of life in the area. Eligible initiatives and programs are those that provide solutions for positive change for the community.
Heritage Fund will consider grants for the Positive Change Grants Program that meet the following guidelines:
- Are change oriented and provide a creative approach to address community issues
- Address community challenges, underserved populations and/or service gaps
- Provide a plan to improve the quality of life in our community and make a significant and measurable impact
- Demonstrate strong community support and capable organizational leadership
- Include a realistic project budget and organizational information that demonstrates fiscal health
- Create and support programs rather than provide operating support
- Utilize support from other community resources (government and other funders)
- Engage community residents through challenge/matching grants and volunteer efforts
- Have a plan for long term program sustainability
GrantWatch ID#: 181963
There is no limit on the dollar amount of grant requests.
Multi-year grant requests are eligible.
Organizations classified as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible for grants. Public entities such as schools, municipalities, and libraries may also qualify. Organizations must be located in or provide services for the benefit of Bartholomew County.
The applying organization must be current on all grant reports due to Heritage Fund.
Grants will not be made:
- To individuals
- For events, performances, seminars or trips unless there are special circumstances which will benefit the community
- For individual school needs, unless approved in writing by the school administration
- To faith-based organizations unless the project in question is not religious in nature, is not restricted based on faith, and involves no faith-based proselytizing.
Requests must be submitted by 5 pm on March 1, June 1, September 1, or December 1. Grants are awarded within 90 days of the grant submission deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be submitted via mail, email or in person to:
Abbie Bush, Grants Manager
Mail: Heritage Fund
538 Franklin Street
Columbus, IN 47201
USA: Indiana: Bartholomew County