Foundation / Corporation
Burns Memorial Fund (BMF)
Grants of up to $60,000 per year to Calgary, Alberta nonprofits and registered charities using a natural supports approach to help youth reach their potential. Applicants must contact the Funding Source before applying.
Funding is intended for organizations that demonstrate an existing commitment to the implementation of the natural supports approach and will be working on an ongoing, intentional basis with vulnerable young people and their natural supports. For more information on the natural supports approach, see "Working with Vulnerable Youth to Enhance Natural Supports: A Practice Framework" in Pre-Application Information.
The Fund seeks to build the capacity of organizations that have already demonstrated a commitment to this approach and require financial support for the organizational change processes involved in implementation. Eligible costs could include training, supervision, change management processes, policies and procedures review and implementation, revision of strategic plans, board engagement and similar expenses.
Funded programs must align with at least one of the following goals:
- Each child is healthy, safe and has access to optimal health care.
- Each child is ready for school, experiences success in school and graduates.
- Each child has the opportunity to participate in recreational activities which help them to discover their talents and develop their full potential.
GrantWatch ID#: 182090
Individual grants will not exceed $60,000 per year.
Grants will be awarded for a three-year period (2018-2020).
Applicants must be registered charitable organizations based in Calgary. Funded programs must align with at least one of the goals outlined in the Description and must assist Calgary children under 21 years of age who encounter barriers due to lack of financial resources.
Funding may not be used to start a new natural supports “program” or cover service delivery costs.
- The application deadline is September 22, 2017.
- Applicants must discuss their proposal with the Executive Director before submitting an application.
- If you do not receive an email notice that your application was received, please contact the executive director.
- Grant decisions will be made by the end of the calendar year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Michelle Clarke, Executive Director
(403) 234-9396 ext. 4
Completed grant applications can be submitted to:
Burns Memorial Fund
1120 - 105 12 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1A1