Foundation / Corporation
American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofits for projects that benefit individuals, families, and communities in eligible states. Letters of Intent are due February 28, 2018. Focus areas include life-long education, cultural enrichment, basic needs, disaster relief, environmental stewardship, and programs that remove barriers to opportunities.
Eligible states include Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Focus area details:
Inspiration: Programs and services that empower individuals, provide pathways to success for living their best lives, and provide opportunities to reach their full potential. Specific areas of interest include:
- Removal of barriers that lead to gaps in opportunity, attainment, and quality of life. Priority areas of interest include access to transportation, daycare, and financial literacy programs.
- Life-Long Learning: Priority areas of interest include vocational training and job re-training, wrap-around services to traditional education, STEM programs, and early childhood education programs for economically disadvantaged families.
- Provide cultural enrichment experiences and exposure to the arts. Priority areas of interest include access to the arts for economically disadvantaged.
Protection: Programs and services that provide physical, emotional, and environmental assistance to families and communities to protect and ensure a brighter future for all. Specific areas of interest include:
- Short and Long Term Basic Needs. Priority areas of interest include food pantries, community gardens, sustainable food sources, emergency shelter, long term stable housing and other support programs.
- Environmental Stewardship. Priority areas of interest include environmental education and efforts to advance innovation for a healthy environment.
Restoration: Programs and services that help minimize the impact of a disaster to families and communities. The specific area of interest in this category is Disaster Prevention and Relief, with priority given to disaster preparedness and safety education projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 182115
Nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply.
Effective July 31, 2017, American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation will host two funding cycles a year and utilize a two-step process which includes a Letter of Intent (LOI) and Request for Proposal.
Organizations may submit an online Letter of Intent (LOI) to initiate the grant process. If the LOI is approved for full proposal submission, the organization will be notified and sent a link to submit the full proposal for consideration. All organizations will be notified of their LOI status. Full grant submissions will be reviewed internally and then grants will be awarded for that cycle.
Timelines for first 2018 grant cycle:
- Grant portal opens: February 1, 2018
- Letter of Intent (LOI) submissions: Due February 28, 2018
- Notifications to nonprofit organizations about the status of their LOI: Early April
- Full grant proposal due (By invite only): April 30, 2018
- Grant award notification and disbursement: Early June
The second grant cycle will open in July 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Arizona; Colorado; Georgia; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Minnesota; Missouri; Nebraska; Nevada; North Dakota; Ohio; Oregon; South Dakota; Utah; Washington; Wisconsin