Foundation / Corporation
Morris Animal Foundation
11/13/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants and fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research that addresses the health and wellness of wildlife animals. Funding is intended to support humane and hypothesis-driven projects with strong scientific merit and the potential for significant impact on animal health. Applicants must apply through an eligible institution.
Grants are available in the following categories:
Projects must advance the science of canine, feline, equine, llama, alpaca, or wildlife health. Projects oriented toward human health and agricultural animal health do not fall within Morris Animal Foundation's mission and will not be accepted.
Projects must adhere to MAF’s Health Study Policy for Animals Involved in Research.
Note, the wildlife/exotics call for proposals does not include wild horses.
GrantWatch ID#: 182119
- Established Investigator Proposals: There is no limit to the annual budget request, however the average award is approximately $50,000/year.
- Pilot study grants: The budget cannot exceed $10,800 ($10,000 plus 8 percent for indirect costs if charged by
- First Award grants: The budget cannot exceed $54,000 per year ($50,000 per year, plus 8 percent for indirect
costs if charged by your institution).
- Fellowship Training Grants: The budget cannot exceed $50,000 (including benefits and indirect costs) per year.
- Established Investigator Proposals: The maximum study duration is three years.
- Pilot Study Proposals: The maximum study duration is one year.
- First Award Funding: The maximum study duration is two years.
- Fellowship Training Grant Proposals: The maximum study duration is two years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online:
Established Investigator online application portal:
Fellowship Training online portal:
First Award online portal:
Pilot Study online portal:
For questions, email: email@example.com.
Morris Animal Foundation
720 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 174A
Denver, CO 80246
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.