Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council of Greater Lansing and Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
08/01/18 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $1,500 to Greater Lansing Area, Michigan nonprofit organizations for arts programming for youth in Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties. Funding is intended to enable underserved youth ages 5-17 to attend art classes, or to support free arts or cultural programming with an educational focus, targeting underserved youth. Applicants may only apply for funds in one of the two provided categories, not both.
The Foundation is dedicated to fostering arts and culture in the capital region by providing community arts leadership, funding, educational programs, and direct support services to local arts and cultural nonprofits and artists. Committed to empowering the creative community and to cultivating partnerships that stimulate community development through the arts, the Arts Council works to promote the value of the arts as essential to building a vibrant capital region.
Grant funds may only be used to support the cost of student attendance at an arts and cultural educational program or expenses to host a free programmatic activity for underserved youth.
GrantWatch ID#: 182127
This program provides grants of up to $1,500 to selected organizations.
Activities must take place in the greater Lansing region between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019.
- Applicant organization must be located in the greater Lansing area, with a majority of the organization’s programming dedicated to arts and cultural projects. First priority will be given to arts and culture organizations with arts and culture as a sole mission.
- Organizations must be a Michigan public or private nonprofit corporation as evidenced by an Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) letter of determination or a copy of the Articles of Incorporation as filed with the State of Michigan, Department of Commerce. Public universities and units of government are exempt from having to furnish proof of nonprofit status.
- Applicant organizations must have a legal address and physically operate within the tri-county region (Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties).
- Applicants must be current members in good standing of the Arts Council of Greater Lansing.
- Applicants with unmet obligations on prior grants i.e. late/incomplete reports, may not apply.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. August 1, 2018.
All applicants will be informed of the panel’s decisions after September 1.
A free applicant account is required to apply.
General Application Information:
2019 Young Creatives Program Application Information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Arts Council of Greater Lansing
1208 Turner St.
Lansing, MI 48906
Meghan Martin, Program Manager
USA: Michigan: Greater Lansing area: Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties