Foundation / Corporation
City Federation of Women’s Organizations (CFWO)
09/25/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Tompkins County, New York nonprofits and agencies for new and existing projects that will benefit women and girls and have a major impact. Program areas include health, human services, education, community development, gender equity, and capacity building.
The project for which funding is being requested must address needs and opportunities that improve the quality of life for Tompkins County women and girls, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Community Development: Activities that benefit women and girls and will improve the quality of life for women and girls in Tompkins County
- Education: Activities that promote or strengthen the educational attainment of women and girls, both in and out of the classroom
- Health: Activities that improve the health outcomes of women and girls
- Human Services: Activities that support public safety, employment, food and nutrition, housing and shelter, disaster preparedness, and other relief for women and girls
- Activities that address gender equity issues
- Administrative/operating costs directly related to a specific project will be funded.
GrantWatch ID#: 182166
Up to $10,000
The project must be completed by December 31, 2018.
The City Federation of Women’s Organizations (CFWO) welcomes grant applications from nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Tompkins County.
Organizations without a 501 (c) (3) designation will be required to be sponsored by a nonprofit organization that does have a 501 (c) (3). Applications submitted by an entity under the auspices of another agency must include a written statement signed by the agency’s board president/executive director on behalf of the organization agreeing to act as the entity’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded, and to oversee the proposed project including the
Project areas not considered for funding:
- Requests for funding to reduce or retire debt of the organization
- Projects operated by religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political parties or campaigns
- Administrative/operating costs not directly related to the proposed project
- Annual appeals and membership contributions
- Endowment campaigns
An optional informational meeting about the fifth annual WBC Grants program is open to the public on Tuesday, September 5 at 4:00 p.m. in Tompkins County Public Library BorgWarner Room, 101 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY.
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, September 25, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Organizations may submit more than one application. Organizations are encouraged to seek additional funds from other sources as well.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email submissions to email@example.com
Mail submissions to:
Women Building Community Grants
Box # 200
101 E. State St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
USA: New York: Tompkins County