Foundation / Corporation
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) - Jefferson Health Care Foundation (JHCF) Fund
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to Tennessee nonprofits, government units, and educational institutions for program that address well-being and health care issues for residents of Jefferson County. Priority is given to programs that extend opportunities to under-served and low-income residents.
Funding priorities are intentionally broad so that applicants can exercise creativity and innovation in how they define and address healthcare and well-being issues for Jefferson County residents.
Please note: Special funding consideration will be given to projects that extend healthcare and well-being opportunities to low-income and under-served residents in Jefferson County.
Example projects/programs may include those that:
- Provide affordable and accessible healthcare (i.e. physical and mental health, dental and vision care)
- Address healthcare workforce shortages that impact access to care
- Provide assistance for residents without available or reliable transportation to medical appointments and healthcare facilities
- Improve poor “health literacy” which impacts patients’ ability to understand health information and instructions
- Provide preventive services including early detection of health issues
- Address opioid drug addiction
- Purchase essential medical equipment
- Provide residents with access to affordable, healthy food, and/or gardening supplies
- Increase residents’ well-being and comfort by providing warm clothing, air conditioners, and/or heaters
- Promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles
GrantWatch ID#: 182202
Grants generally range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
Funding requests up to $100,000 may be considered for projects that require major purchases of medical equipment or other capital improvements in order to succeed.
Grants will be awarded in fall 2018 for one-year terms.
Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government , or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address and contact information (phone fax, email address)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
Although proposals must directly relate to the healthcare and well-being needs of Jefferson County residents, organizations do not have to reside in Jefferson County in order to be eligible to apply.
The following types of requests will NOT be funded. Check eligibility requirements specific to each competitive grants program for variations.
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals.
The online application will be available August 31, 2018. The submission deadline will be September 28, 2018. Grants will be awarded in fall 2018.
General Eligibility and Funding Criteria: http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/receive/grants/application_information/general_eligibility.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=easttennesseefoundation
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
USA: Tennessee: Jefferson County