Foundation / Corporation
08/30/18 - Deadline for the New Orleans letter of intent; all other community social investment grants have a deadline of 08/30/18.
Grants to USA nonprofits, schools, and government entities in multiple states that address high-priority community needs and facilitate local capacity building in communities where the funding source has an operational presence. Focus areas include economic and community development, health and wellness, education and training, and the environment. The list of eligible communities and their community outcomes is found below.
Social Investment Eligible Projects should:
- Focus on initiatives/outcomes that will be sustainable beyond the life of the Foundation
- Benefit the community as a whole and not a single organization or individual
- Have a clear purpose and operate transparently based on demonstrated need for proposed project
- Measure and evaluate impact
Eligible projects must deliver one of these outcomes to the community (based on the Community Priority selected):
Community & Economic Development
- Increased Number of Businesses Developed, Attracted and/or Retained
- Increased Number of Job Opportunities
- Increased Attainable Housing
- Increased Public Transportation (either new development or expansion of current options)
- Increased Revenue Growth through Tourism
- Increased Number of People Generating a Sustainable Income
- Improvements in Community Infrastructure
- New Capital Invested in the Community
Education and Training
- Increased School Readiness/Matriculation/Graduation Rates
- Increased Placement in Local Skilled Jobs
- Increased Teacher Retention Rates
- Increased Placement of Students in Post-Secondary Education Opportunities
- Increased Number of Students with Access to Quality STEM Education
- Increased Graduation Rates from Post-Secondary Institutions
- Reduction of Blight
- Increased Availability and Usability of Public Lands
- Increased Public Awareness of Natural Resource Conservation and Stewardship
- Improvement in Watershed Health and Stewardship
- New Capital Invested in Renewable Energy or Other Environmental Sustainability Efforts
Health and Wellness
- Additional Access to Healthcare Specialists
- Additional Access to Healthcare Facilities
- Increased Coordination of Healthcare Services
- Increased Access to Mental Health Services
- Decrease in Substance Abuse
- Decrease in Domestic Violence Incidents
- Decrease in Unhealthy Behaviors that Cause Chronic, Preventable Health Problems
Arizona: Ajo, Bagdad, Bisbee, Jerome/Clarkdale, Maricopa County, Tucson
Colorado: Clear Creek and Grand Counties
Iowa: Ft. Madison
Louisiana: New Orleans
New Jersey: Elizabeth
Texas: El Paso
GrantWatch ID#: 182253
The maximum indirect cost allowed by the Foundation is 6% of direct project costs.
Only IRS determined tax exempt entities such as nonprofits with a 501(c)3 designation, schools, and government institutions are eligible for social investment dollars from the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation.
Organizations/programs that provide services to one of the eligible communities without a Community Investment Fund and fulfill one of the community outcomes listed in the description are eligible to apply.
Nonprofit organizations/programs that serve communities in the Greater New Orleans area are eligible for the New Orleans Social Investment Program.
Ajo Social Investment
Application Window: March 1 - August 30
Bisbee Social Investment
Application Window: March 1 - August 30
General Social Investment
Application Window: March 1- August 30
New Orleans Social Investment
Letter of Intent Window: May 1- June 15
LOI should not be over two pages in length. Your subject line MUST read “NOLA SI Letter of Intent: Name of your organization: Grant Focus Area Selected ”
To learn more about the New Orleans Letter of Intent submission:
Applicants will be notified of award status in February of the following year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
When you begin the application, you will first take an online quiz to determine your eligibility.
To apply online:
Send New Orleans Letter of Intent here: email@example.com
USA: Arizona: Ajo, Bagdad, Bisbee, Jerome/Clarkdale, Maricopa County, Tucson; Colorado: Clear Creek and Grand Counties; Connecticut: Norwich; Iowa: Ft. Madison; Louisiana: New Orleans; New Jersey: Elizabeth; Texas: El Paso