Foundation / Corporation
Albuquerque Community Foundation, City of Albuquerque, and My Brother’s Keeper Alliance
10/15/17 11:00 PM MST
Grants starting at $20,000 to Greater Albuquerque Area, New Mexico nonprofit organizations for programs and initiatives that lead to job placement and/or job creation for young men of color (YMOC). Funding will be provided for organizations that provide educational support, job training, mentorship, job readiness and small business support.
Próspero! seeks to fund both existing and pilot programs, supporting young men of color through any of the following categories:
Education: Organizations responding in this category seek to connect participants with educational opportunities including college, community college, GED, ESL, soft skills development, interviewing skills, citizenship, financial literacy, mentorship, internships and apprenticeships.
Skill Development: Organizations responding in this category seek to support participants with a desire to “skill-up” to become job ready.
Breaking Down Barriers: Organizations responding in this category will use intersectional methods to minimize challenges created by existing barriers including licensing and certification. Accessible navigator-type programming including one-on-one and/or group counseling and support will be considered.
Long-term Employment: Organizations responding in this category will focus on supportive tools to assist job seekers in finding employment with significant growth opportunities.
Creating Connections: Organizations responding in this category seek to directly connect participants with potential employers through networking events, job fairs, shared spaces, maker spaces and incubators.
Entrepreneurship: Organizations responding in this category will focus on providing early stage, micro and main street entrepreneurs with the necessary tools to Start up, Scale up and Stay up in their own business.
Procurement: Organizations responding in this category will address the growing needs of the burgeoning local sourcing and hiring initiatives including food system and healthcare.
Special consideration will be given to those groups that work with immigrant and/or refugee populations.
GrantWatch ID#: 182268
Grants will be made to 4-5 organizations working in the Greater Albuquerque Area.
The minimum grant size will be $20,000 for programming that accelerates job placement and/or job creation for young men of color.
Grant Period: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
Eligible organizations must be:
- Exempt from USA federal income tax pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”) and classified as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or section 509(a)(2) of the Code;
- Located anywhere in the United States, however a local partner supporting the Greater Albuquerque area is required.
- Applicants can be an individual organization or a collaboration between organizations.
- Applicants can submit more than one proposal for different programs.
- Grant Application Period: September 14, 2017, 12 am - October 15, 2017, 11 pm.
- Finalists will be notified by Friday, October 20, 2017
- Finalists are required to make a live, five - ten minute, in-person presentation to a panel of independent reviewers on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (event will be open to the public)
- Winners will be announced by November 10, 2017
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the RFP.
Click here to learn more about Próspero's application process: http://albuquerquefoundation.org/prospero-application.aspx
Click here to learn more about Próspero's funding areas: http://albuquerquefoundation.org/prospero-funding-areas.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Proposals may only be submitted online at SHARE New Mexico: http://www.sharenm.org/communityplatform/newmexico/grant/availablegrants
Phone: (505) 883-6240
Fax: (505) 883-3629
Contact Form: http://albuquerquefoundation.org/contact.aspx
624 Tijeras Avenue NW 87102
P.O. Box 25266 Albuquerque, NM 87125-5266
USA: New Mexico: Greater Albuquerque area