Foundation / Corporation
12/09/17 11:59 PM ET
Grants of $500 and grants of $1,000 to USA K-12 teachers to purchase technology supplies and equipment for the classroom that will help students stay up-to-date with high-tech advances. Teachers must submit a lesson plan that is technology-focused and features student engagement and participation.
Lesson plans should:
- Teach students why technology is important (and how to use it) in your subject
- Include a detailed description of lessons, handouts, homework assignments, etc., plus a list of required resources
- Encourage participation and engagement with in-class demonstrations, hands-on learning opportunities, etc.
- Are designed for students between kindergarten and eighth grade levels
- Specify benchmarks for measuring students’ comprehension of major concepts
- Are solely your work, without the use of prepared educational materials available elsewhere
GrantWatch ID#: 182276
Grant amounts, to be awarded in the form of Visa gift card, are as follows:
- 1st and 2nd place: $1,000 each
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place: $500 each
All applicants must be employed full-time as a Kindergarten-12th-grade teacher at an elementary school, middle school, or high school in the United States. A qualifying elementary school, middle school, or high school must appear in the National Center for Education Statistics database (available at https://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/).
Applicants must also intend to continue teaching full-time throughout the Spring of 2017 and throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States.
Submit your lesson plan no later than 11:59 PM ET on December 9, 2017. Late submissions will not be eligible to win.
Follow these guidelines to enter. Incomplete submissions will not be eligible to win.
1. Create a tech-focused lesson plan to teach students about applications for technology in your subject. Entries must be written in English.
2. Compile a single Google Doc containing:
- Your lesson plan
- A one paragraph personal statement about why you believe students in your field should learn about technology
All supplementary materials required for your lesson plan
3. Complete and submit the online form on the URL linked below, using a shareable link to your Google Doc in the required field.
After the deadline, the recipients will be selected by a team of judges following review of all entries received prior to the deadline. Entries are judged on completion of all directions, creativity, opportunity for student enrichment, and opportunities for student participation. The recipients will be announced on or after January 8, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, submit an online application via the URL for Full Text link below.
James Giraldo, Communications Associate
Fios.Verizon.com, Verizon Authorized Retailer
206 College St.
Pineville, NC, 28134
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming