Foundation / Corporation
Whole Kids Foundation and FoodCorps
11/15/17 5:00 PM CT (3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 6:00 PM ET)
Grants of $2,000 to USA K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations to support new or existing educational gardens. Requests must be for an edible garden that incorporates growing vegetables, fruits, grains, or herbs. A limited portion of funding may be used for fees to attend a garden training program.
GrantWatch ID#: 182429
The Garden Grant program provides a $2,000 monetary grant.
Funds to attend a garden training must not exceed 40% or $800.
The Garden Grant program supports gardens at either a:
-501(c)(3) nonprofit working in partnership with a K-12 school
-501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
For K-12 Schools:
1. School garden must be an edible school garden (growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc) and located on the grounds of a K-12 school (public, private or charter, elementary, middle or high)
2. Applicant must be a nonprofit K-12 school (public, private or charter, elementary, middle or high) or a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working in partnership with a K-12 school.
3. School must not have received a Whole Kids Foundation School Garden Grant previously.
1. Garden must be an edible educational garden (growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc)
2. Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Applicant may work with a fiscal sponsor,
3. Organization must engage at least 10 children in any grade range of K-12 at the garden.
4. Organization must not have received a Whole Kids Foundation Garden Grant previously for the same garden. Organization can apply on behalf other gardens and may have received other Whole Kids Foundation grants.
5. Applicant must have must have the participation and support of a specific partner organization from the community (such as another nonprofit, a farm, a local business, a Whole Foods store, or a garden club) that brings added support and sustainability to the initiative. The fiscal sponsor, if a nonprofit, may be the community partner for this grant.
Funds may not be used for:
Webinars are available for more information about the garden grant program and application process.
View the September 13 webinar recording here:
View the October 12 webinar recording here:
-Application opens: September 1, 2017
-Application deadline: November 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM CT (3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 6:00 PM ET)
-Review Period: Winter 2017
-Notification of all applicants: March 1, 2018
Garden Resource Center:
Garden Grants Page:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming