Foundation / Corporation
Grants of $5,000 to Washington K-12 public school teachers and teams of teachers to develop engaging and innovative classroom and/or extracurricular programs. Eligible programs are those that strive to improve learning among students. Funding is intended to help exceptional teachers create or enhance curriculum that is imaginative, academically rigorous, grounded in high expectations, and supportive of lifelong success.
Special attention is given to ideas and strategies that successfully prepare students for post-secondary education. Applications may be submitted by an individual teacher, or by a designated project leader for a team of teachers.
Consider applying if:
- You have a unique idea for a project or program to supplement your classroom or extracurricular program.
- Your students have ideas for enrichment activities or a need for strengthening their academic experiences.
- You have facilities, expertise, and administrative support but need additional resources for the implementation of effective programming such as materials, time, and/or transportation.
- You are prepared to quantify the results of your idea or project.
Books, materials, art supplies, stipends, technology, etc., are all within the scope of allowable budget items. Travel expenses are often not funded but can be considered depending on the scope and purpose of the project. Stipends are considered but should not be the bulk of the budget. Fees for substitutes will be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 182495
At least 5
All grants are for $5,000.
Grants are to be used during the 2018-2019 school year.
The Ellison Foundation considers applications for financial support from educators who:
- Are employed by a K-12 public school in the state of Washington.
- Are currently certified to teach in Washington State.
- Have the background and experience to complete the project successfully.
- Have the support of your school administration.
- Have direct and regular contact with students in grades K-12.
- Are willing to work in collaboration with the Ellison Foundation and share your ideas with others.
Application process: http://ellison-foundation.org/ellison-education/process
About the Administrator's Recommendation form: http://ellison-foundation.org/ellison-education/principal
- November 1st, 2017 to March 1st, 2018 - Applications are accepted
- March – Review of applications will be completed through the month of March. You will be notified by March 31st if your application is selected as a finalist.
- April - If your proposal is chosen as a finalist, the Ellison Foundation will conduct a site visit interview with the applicant(s) at their school.
- May 31st - All finalists will be notified if they’ve been selected as a grant recipient by May 31st, 2018.
- August 25th – A check will be mailed to the awardee's school no later than August 25th, 2018.
Make sure your principal or administrator has submitted their recommendation form in order for your application to be complete. The Principal/Administrators Recommendation Form can be sent separately if your principal or administrator desires confidentiality.
Although grants are awarded to a teacher or team of teachers, checks will be made out and mailed to your school. Access to your funds will be through your school’s bank account.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications via mail, email or fax to:
400 112th Ave NE, Suite 230
Bellevue, WA 98004