Foundation / Corporation
Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation (KWFF)
Grants of up to $20,000 to Tennessee nonprofits in the Greater Memphis area for programs in the areas of promoting health, inspiring youth, enriching education, and improving local communities. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact program staff before applying.
GrantWatch ID#: 182536
The average gift size is between $10,000 and 20,000. First time applicants are encouraged to apply for $10,000 or less. An organization is eligible to apply for more than $10,000 if it has an existing or prior funding relationship with KWFF.
Some gifts are in the form of a one year commitment. When warranted, multiple year commitments are considered.
In order to become eligible for consideration for grant funds, there are several required steps.
- The organization must have an established and current operating 501c3 status.
- The organization must be impacting the Greater Memphis area, unless otherwise specified or invited by a Wilson family member to apply.
- The organization must show leadership with its staff as seen in the results of programs or the success of the overall organization’s mission.
- The organization must provide sound financials (either audited or balance sheets).
- The organization must provide a list of its established board members and make a statement as to the active nature of their board members.
If the applicant does not have 501c3 status, operates outside of the Memphis area or is requesting funds for a special event, the applicant will not be allowed to complete an application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the office by phone or with a letter of intent (accepted by mail or email) before applying.
The applications submission deadlines are as follows:
- January 15
- August 15
Once an application is submitted, there will be two rounds of review. The first round takes place approximately a month after submission with the Advisory Board. You will be notified by phone or email if you do not complete the first round of consideration.
If you complete the first round of review, you can expect to hear final funding results by phone or email approximately 3 months from submission. Please note there is no guarantee of funding until a contract has been issued.
Notifications of grant decisions are made through phone calls, emails, and grant letters in the months of April and November.
Program areas: http://www.kwff.org/our-focus/
How to apply: http://www.kwff.org/our-grant-process/grant-application-process/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?urlkey=kemmons
Carrie L. Burke, Director of Grant Relations
Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation
1027 Cherry Road
Memphis, TN 38117
USA: Tennessee: Greater Memphis area