Foundation / Corporation
Northwest Minnesota Foundation (NMF) - Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund
Grants of up to $2,500 to Northwest Minnesota nonprofit organizations, school districts, universities and colleges, historical societies, and community service groups to improve the quality of life for girls and women throughout the area. Funding is intended to support programs and services that promote leadership roles for women, enhance economic and business opportunities, and ensure a safe environment for women and girls. Eligible proposals should show evidence of grassroots support involving women.
Counties served by the Women’s Fund are Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau.
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund supports activities, projects, services or programs that strengthen and empower women and girls in the region. Focusing on women’s initiatives, leadership and philanthropy to build successful communities, the Women’s Fund believes that women have a vital role in the social and economic stability of the region.
Priority will be given to applications that support the Women’s Fund goals:
- Supporting entrepreneurial opportunities for women
- Developing and providing resources to serve as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls.
- Supporting programs and activities that lead to a safer environment for all women.
- Building networks of women in leadership positions throughout the region.
- Establishing regional partnerships to develop entrepreneurial and economic opportunities for women.
- Recognizing women at all life stages for their contributions to family, organizations, community and the region.
- Encouraging and equipping women and girls to achieve their full potential.
Grant funds can be used for speakers, educational materials, program delivery expenses, research projects, and for professional development. In addition, possible expenditures include, but are not limited to, salaries and wages, fringe benefits, consultants and contract services, space costs, rental, equipment purchase, supplies, travel, and indirect costs.
GrantWatch ID#: 182635
The Women’s Fund will consider grant applications for up to $2,500.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver the application to:
Northwest Minnesota Foundation
201 3rd St. NW
Bemidji MN 56601
USA: Minnesota: Northwest Region, including Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau counties