Foundation / Corporation
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio
02/23/18 12:00 noon ET
Grants of up to $8,000 to Ohio nonprofits, IHEs, school districts, and agencies providing health services in eligible counties to participate in a crowdfunding opportunity. Applicants must attend a webinar on January 25, 2018.
Applicants may apply for crowdfunding campaign support grants of up to $3,000 over nine months, and a matching grant of up to $5,000 to match funds raised during the crowdfunding campaign at a 1:1 ratio. For every $1 raised through the crowdfunding campaign, HealthPath will match it with $1, up to a total of $5,000. Grantees may use campaign support grant funds on campaign development, staff time, email newsletter or social media fees, materials, and other expenses related to a crowdfunding campaign.
All grantees will use CrowdRise for the crowdfunding platform and will create a team on HealthPath’s CrowdRise page. HealthPath will pay for the premium plan, which reduces the platform fees. CrowdRise will provide technical assistance during the campaigns.
HealthPath will use the following criteria to evaluate crowdfunding campaign proposals for funding. Successful campaign proposals will:
- Describe a realistic and thorough crowdfunding campaign plan
- Support a project that addresses one of HealthPath’s result areas or focus areas
- Support a project that directly serves residents of at least 1 of HealthPath’s 36 counties
Priority will be given to projects that address one of Health Path’s result areas.
- Cavity-Free Kids: Ohio’s children ages 0–12 have healthy mouths
- Healthy Ohioans: Ohioans have access to the services they need to be healthy, including access to services and healthy food
- Safe Elders: Older adults living in the community are supported and safe from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
HealthPath will also consider projects that address the broader focus areas, which are:
- Preventive Oral Health Care, which includes preventive oral health care for all ages
- Strengthening Ohio’s Safety Net, which includes workforce development across the healthcare safety net
- Prevention of Family Violence, which includes prevention of bullying, child abuse, elder abuse, intimate partner violence, teen dating violence, and other forms of family violence
GrantWatch ID#: 182660
The Foundation expects to award up to ten grants.
Grants of up to $8,000 each: campaign support grants of up to $3,000 to help offset campaign expenses, and matching grants to match money raised through crowdfunding up to $5,000.
HealthPath will award crowdfunding campaign support grants over a period of nine months.
Nonprofit organizations, colleges or universities, school districts, government or quasi-government agencies, and other not-for-profit entities are eligible to apply.
Grantees or applicants of the 2017 round are also eligible, but will not be given priority.
If a collaborative of organizations is applying, the collaborative must select a lead organization that will apply for the grant and serve as fiscal agent for the project if a grant is awarded. The lead organization must meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for funding, an organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Address issues related to one of HealthPath’s result areas or focus areas
- Directly serve residents living in at least 1 of HealthPath’s 36 counties: Adams, Allen, Auglaize, Belmont, Brown, Butler, Carroll, Clark, Clermont, Columbiana, Clinton, Darke, Greene, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Highland, Holmes, Jefferson, Mahoning, Mercer, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Noble, Preble, Putnam, Scioto, Shelby, Stark, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Warren, and Washington
- Have a representative who participated in the webinar on January 25, 2018
- Be proposed by a 501(c)(3) organization; a nonprofit school, school district, college, or university; or a governmental or quasi-governmental organization
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio does not accept unsolicited proposals.
HealthPath will not match campaign funding obtained from foundations, donations that come in outside of the crowdfunding platform, fundraising events, or in-kind contributions.
Organizations interested in applying for a crowdfunding grant must attend an introductory webinar in person on January 25, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. This webinar is free and open to anyone who is interested in attending. Organizations that only view the recording are not eligible to apply.
- January 25, 2018, 3:00 PM: 2018 HealthPath Crowdfunding Initiative mandatory webinar
- January 26, 2018, 8:00 AM: Online application opens
- February 23, 2018, 12:00 noon: Proposals due
- April 20, 2018: HealthPath will announce which proposals have been funded
- December 15, 2018: Last day to raise money through the CrowdRise site
Interested applicants may send questions about the proposals to the Program Officer until Friday, February 16, 2018. All applicant questions and responses will be posted on the Foundation web site by Monday, February 19, 2018.
Service Area Map:
Webinars conducted in previous years on crowdfunding:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Webinar Registration Link:
Online Application Portal:
For questions concerning the crowdfunding webinar, initiative or proposal:
Christine Mulvin, Program Officer
Eric Dewald, President
The Health Path Foundation of Ohio
200 West Fourth St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Adams, Allen, Auglaize, Belmont, Brown, Butler, Carroll, Clark, Clermont, Columbiana, Clinton, Darke, Greene, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Highland, Holmes, Jefferson, Mahoning, Mercer, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Noble, Preble, Putnam, Scioto, Shelby, Stark, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Warren, and Washington counties