Foundation / Corporation
Connecticut Community Foundation (CCF)
10/05/18 11:59 PM EST (Midnight)
Grants averaging between $5,000 and $10,000 to Connecticut nonprofits and municipal entities in the Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills area for positive youth development. Funding is intended to support successful educational and social-emotional outcomes for children ages 9 to 21.
Possible projects include:
- Evidence-based youth programs whose results have been tested and validated over time, especially those that contribute to positive youth development.
- Programs that integrate the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets to ensure youth become healthy adults. Support for training and education for both adults and youth in learning about and putting into practice the 40 Developmental Assets.
- Programs or activities that expose elementary, middle and high school students to various career and education opportunities. Provide opportunities for youth and families to learn about college admissions and financial aid eligibility and procedures.
- Culturally-competent programs that expand and improve parent leadership and engagement in their child’s educational and emotional development.
GrantWatch ID#: 182790
The average amount is between $5,000 and $10,000. Grants for larger amounts can be considered; in that case applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation to discuss the the project in advance of submission.
- Grant support is available over multiple years, although it is considered one year at a time.
- If interested in pursuing multiyear funding, simply submit an initial request for one year. In the following year, you may request continued funding through the Foundation’s online grant application.
- Must be a not-for-profit organization recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a municipal entity seeking a grant for public purposes.
- Located within and/or providing services to residents of the 21-town service area. (see the link in Grant Coverage Areas for details)
- Must have a board, representative of the community, of which a majority is neither employees nor relatives of employees.
- Possess a Nonprofit Registration to Solicit Funds (or exemption, if appropriate) from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. This registration must be renewed annually. Learn more, confirm registration, or file for an exemption here: http://ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1654&q=459952
Ineligible for funding:
- Requests for political or religious purposes
- Requests from municipalities or religious organizations for buildings or associated expenses (however, the Foundation may consider support for equipment if it is specifically part of an eligible programmatic request)
- Requests for capital expenditures on buildings not owned by a nonprofit
Deadlines are February 5 and October 5.
The grant review and decision process lasts approximately 10 weeks from the deadline date.
Applications and deadlines: http://conncf.org/supporting-nonprofits/apply-for-a-grant/
Preview the application here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/47200?apply=true
Ellen Carter, Director of Community Leadership
203.753.1315 x 114
Connecticut Community Foundation
43 Field Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
USA: Connecticut: Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills