Foundation / Corporation
Quad City Arts
Grants of up to $5,000 to Illinois and Iowa small arts nonprofits in the Quad City region for activities that increase organizational impact, strength, and capacity. Eligible counties include Rock Island, Henry, and Mercer counties in Illinois; and Scott, Clinton, and Muscatine counties in Iowa. The goal of Arts Dollars is to support programming that enriches the quality of life in the Quad Cities region through the arts.
Examples of capacity building projects include, but are not limited to:
- Planning activities: e.g., organizational assessments, strategic planning, fund development, communications/marketing
- Board development: may include activities such as leadership training, defining the role of the board, and
strengthening volunteer roles
- Strategic Relationships: building collaborative relationships with other nonprofits
- Internal operations: improvements to financial management, volunteer management, etc.
- Technology Improvements: IT capacity through upgrades to hardware and software, networking, websites, and staff training to optimize use of technology.
- Professional development: staff or volunteer attendance at conferences, trainings, or online webinars
- Fundraising Development: temporary staff, costs, and equipment supporting the initiation or expansion of
sustainable fundraising efforts
Generally, the most successful capacity-building plans:
- Improve the organization as a whole, rather than a single project or program
- Are focused on a single issue or opportunity, rather than multiple unrelated needs
- Are critical to the organization’s long-term success
- Start an organization down a path of perpetual improvement. While the individual proposal may have an end date, it should be clear how the project will propel future improvement.
All proposed budgets must include payment to at least one artist who meets both of the following criteria:
- At least 21 years of age
- Current resident of Rock Island, Henry, or Mercer county in Illinois, or Scott, Clinton, or Muscatine county in Iowa, for the past 12 consecutive months
GrantWatch ID#: 182792
Organizations may apply for up to $5,000.
Projects must take place between April 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
Nonprofit organizations that have been in in existence for two full years and have an annual budget of $300,000 or less may apply for Capacity-Building Grants.
The organization’s programs and activities must primarily be for the benefit of in Quad City Arts’ service area: Rock Island, Henry, and Mercer Counties in Illinois; and Scott, Clinton, and Muscatine Counties in Iowa.
An organization may not receive a Capacity-Building grant two years in a row.
The following are ineligible expenses for Capacity-Building Grants:
- Capital infrastructure projects (bricks and mortar)
- Ongoing annual operating expenses
- Feasibility studies
- Organizational re-branding
- Grants to individuals
- Sectarian religious programs promoting a particular faith
Complete applications and support materials must be submitted online by January 31, 2019.
Applicants will be notified by March 1, 2019.
Multiple applications are not allowed. Applicants may submit an application in one category only.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Tyson Danner, Community Arts Director
USA: Illinois: Rock Island, Henry, and Mercer counties; Iowa: Scott, Clinton, and Muscatine counties