Foundation / Corporation
Columbus Jewish Foundation - Lenore Schottenstein and Community Jewish Arts Fund
04/15/18 11:59 PM
Grants to Central Ohio nonprofit organizations for projects that increase public awareness of Jewish arts in the local community. Eligible proposals include Jewish historical exhibits, the creation of new works, literature, music, theater, dance, visual arts, and public performances or exhibitions. Both regular grants and Mini Grants of up to $2,500 are available.
Emphasis is on:
-Stimulating greater public appreciation for the arts in Jewish life through arts programs of high artistic merit,
-Promoting and enhancing participation in Jewish art activities and events, or
-Encouraging activities furthering the enjoyment, understanding, and appreciation of visual, performing and/or media arts with Jewish content and/or relevance to the Jewish experience.
-Programs must have measurable goals/objectives and a realistic evaluation plan.
-When participation in an artistic activity is based on invitation or a jury process, applicants must explain the means to ensure systematic, unbiased selection.
-Programs and events may be fee charging.
GrantWatch ID#: 182794
Mini-grants are capped at $2,500.
-Multi-year grants are approved for a one-year period and may be extended for up to two additional years, subject to evaluation and review. Multi-year grants can be phased down over time at the discretion of the grant committee. Continued funding is contingent upon measurable success in meeting the strategic objectives and available funds.
-If a grant is submitted as a one-year request and approved as such, it cannot be changed to a multi-year request later on.
-Programs must start within 18 months of grant approval date.
- All organizations must be established and current under IRS Code Section 501(c)3.
- The applicant agency must be on sound financial footing.
- Applications from individuals will not be entertained.
- Foundation grants are not intended to supplement or duplicate Federation and/or United Way allocations; fund general operations; and/or support fundraising-related travel missions.
- Synagogue requests must be inclusive, community-oriented, and/or collaborative projects.
- Requests for media productions or permanent acquisitions are strongly discouraged because of funding limitations.
- Capital improvements, construction or the purchase of permanent equipment or real estate are ineligible for support.
- Programs not specific to the agency’s clients (such as students) must be open to the community (such as concerts, art exhibits)
2017-2018 Grant Schedule:
2017 Fall Docket:
- September 15 - 11:59 pm deadline - New grant applications; Renewal interest form
October and November: Liason meetings
- December 6, 2017 afternoon: Notification of grant disposition
2018 Spring Docket:
- February 15 - 11:59 pm deadline - New grant applications; Renewal interest form
- June 6, 2018 afternoon: Noification of grant disposition
Applicants interested in renewal funding are strongly encouraged to submit a Renewal Interest Form by the September deadline.
Mini Grant applications will be accepted and reviewed on a quarterly basis:
-February 15, 2018 deadline, April 1, 2018 notification
-April 15, 2018 deadline, June 1, 2018 notification
An automated email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org when your application is received.
All applicants will be notified promptly of the decision regarding their grant request upon Board of Trustees action (mid-December and mid-June).
Proposals must identify additional funding sources. Requests submitted jointly or in cooperation with other organizations are encouraged.
Application Instructions: http://columbusjewishfoundation.org/applying-for-a-grant/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_5878?SA=AM
For questions, contact:
Susan Tanur, Director of Grants
Columbus Jewish Foundation
Robins Center for Philanthropy
1175 College Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43209
USA: Ohio: Central Ohio