Foundation / Corporation
NBCUniversal Foundation and NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations
02/02/18 11:59 PM ET
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple cities and states that are using technology and innovation to solve everyday problems in their communities. These grants are intended to help support and expand the programs of three to eight nonprofits in each of the following regions:
- Bay Area
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York
- San Diego
- South Florida
- Southern California
- Washington, D.C.
Project Innovation grant categories include:
- Igniting Civic Engagement: Programs that provide or expand opportunities for individuals to engage and volunteer in their communities, especially those that – in this digital age – leverage media and technology.
- Skills for the Digital Economy: Programs that support middle-skills jobs training, adult career employment and readiness for advanced skills development programs in an effort to close the gap between education, income and prosperity in local communities.
- STEM/STEAM Youth Programming: Programs that support K-12 youth education by encouraging and training the next generation of workers for advanced careers in STEM or STEAM fields.
Project Innovation expands on NBCUniversal’s commitment to promoting social good in local communities and builds on the success of The NBCUniversal Foundation’s previous grant challenge, 21st Century Solutions, which awarded nearly $6 million to local nonprofits over the past five years. Transitioning to Project Innovation will help The NBCUniversal Foundation continue to tackle important community issues by targeting key areas of importance while allowing for greater flexibility for grant applicants.
GrantWatch ID#: 182854
3 - 8
Each local NBC Owned Television Station will be awarding $225,000 in their market.
- Organization must be a tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Fiscally sponsored organizations are eligible.
The 501(c)(3) non-profit organization must have an annual operating budget of more than $100,000 (defined by the organization's most recent 990).
- The program/project being submitted by the organization must have been in existence and in operation for at least one year.
- Organization must not have received funding (through donations or otherwise) from Comcast NBCU or an affiliate in an amount equal to or exceeding $10,000 per year during each of the past three (3) years. This includes Comcast Community Impact partners (including, but not limited to, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Big Brothers Big Sisters, City Year, Easter Seals and The Arc).
- Project Innovation will only award one grant per Tax ID number, across all eleven markets. If your organization shares a Tax ID number, please coordinate internally as only one application across all markets will be accepted for consideration as a finalist for a grant.
- The NBC Owned Television Station's Project Innovation grant program supports high impact, innovative programs that are creating change in our local communities by solving existing problems or emerging social issues in new ways.
The following organizations are not eligible to apply:
- Labor Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Political Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Religious Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Schools, Educational Institutions and their affiliated fundraising entities and foundations (including elementary, secondary and universities). Fiscally sponsored schools are not eligible.
The organization must be physically located in and serve one of the 11 NBCU Owned Television Markets as defined above.
Project Innovation applications open on January 12, 2018, and close on February 2, 2018. Grant winners will be announced in March 2018.
Apply for a Project Innovation grant by visiting your local NBC or Telemundo station website, in any of the above markets.
More About These Grants: https://www.nbcumv.com/news/nbcuniversal-foundation-and-nbc-and-telemundo-owned-stations-launch-%E2%80%9Cproject-innovation%E2%80%9D-new?division=150&network=33141
Click here for eligibility, FAQS, and further information regarding each area:
- Bay Area: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Boston: https://www.nbcboston.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Chicago: https://www.nbcchicago.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Connecticut: https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Dallas-Fort Worth: https://www.nbcdfw.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- New York: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Philadelphia: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- San Diego: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- South Florida: https://www.nbcmiami.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Southern California: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
- Washington, D.C.: https://www.nbcwashington.com/multimedia/Project-Innovation-NBCUniversal-Foundation-465035743.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://nbcu.smartsimple.com/welcome/projectinnovation/?u=1
Please send all inquiries to CorporateSocialResponsibility@nbcuni.com.
USA: California: San Diego, Bay Area, Southern California; Connecticut; Florida: South Florida; Illinois: Chicago; Massachusetts: Boston; New York City; New York; Pennsylvania: Philadelphia; Texas: Dallas-Fort Worth; Washington, DC