National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Pacific Southwest Region (PSR)
Grants of up to $2,000 to Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands member libraries and other organizations for short-term projects that increase access to health information. Funding is intended to promote knowledge of and access to the Funding Source's resources for consumers or healthcare providers. Awards may also target current NLM and NIH priorities such as the NLM Strategic Plan 2017–2027, the NIH HEAL Initiative (e.g., substance use disorder), citizen science, or HIV/AIDS.
Projects can include but are not limited to:
- Expenses to host an NLM traveling exhibition and offering programming to the public
- Programming around a National Health Observance (link is external) topic
Implementing activities using an NNLM Reading Club Kit
- One-day events such as a health fair, workshop, or community day (e.g., emergency preparedness event) to increase awareness and use of electronic resources, including NLM resources
- Developing library wikis, blogs, websites, virtual tours or other media outlets to promote library services or resources to hospital staff
- Hosting special events to highlight the library's role in scholarly communication, open access, copyright compliance, preservation/conservation, research or other scholarly work
- Exploring new technologies that may be relevant to academic and health information outreach
- Organizing events that promote interprofessional education.
This award is intended to cover costs such as personnel, registration fees, travel/mileage costs, reproduction costs, or shipping costs. Indirect costs may be included, but due to the nature and small amount of the award, applicants are encouraged to waive them.
GrantWatch ID#: 182865
Number of Awards Available: 5
Up to $2,000 per award
- Outreach Mini-Awards support smaller projects, generally lasting less than 12 months.
- Funding Period: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020
Any institution that is a current member or partnering with a current member of NNLM PSR is eligible to apply.
Network membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information. Join here: https://nnlm.gov/members/join-network
PSR proudly serves: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and US Territories in the Pacific Basin.
Applications received by April 12, 2019, will receive first consideration.
- Complete a PSR Outreach Mini-Award application form
- Complete the Direct Beneficiaries and Goals Checklist form
- Provide a current résumé or curriculum vitae for the principal investigator
Submit complete applications by email or fax. If submitting by email, please include “Outreach Mini-Award Application” in the subject line.
Funding will be provided on a cost reimbursement basis.
More information about PSR's USA region may be found here:
More information about PSR's US Territories region may be found here:
More information about PSR funding opportunities may be found here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (310) 825-5389.
NNLM Pacific Southwest Region
12-077 Center for the Health Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1798
USA: Arizona; California; Hawaii; Nevada
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)