National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Pacific Southwest Region (PSR)
04/12/19 - For priority consideration
Grants of up to $12,000 to Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands libraries and other organizations for projects that promote health information resources. Funding is intended to increase awareness of health information resources for health professionals, consumers, public health professionals, community centers, and minority health practitioners; to create culturally and linguistically appropriate resources; and to better integrate the role of libraries in clinical and translational science.
Awards may also target current NLM and NIH priorities such as the NLM Strategic Plan 2017–2027, the NIH HEAL Initiative (e.g., substance use disorder), citizen science, or HIV/AIDS. Awards may include travel expenses for Network members to represent the NNLM PSR at regional, state, or local meetings. Projects can include but are not limited to:
- Training in effective use of electronic health information resources, with an emphasis on NLM databases such as PubMed, MedlinePlus, HealthReach, or Partners in Information Access to the Public Health Workforce
- Promoting health information literacy
- Improving access to health information and information technology
- Increasing underserved communities' access to health information
- Hosting sessions on finding and evaluating health information found on the Internet
- Holding a regional symposium on health information topics
- Implementing a mobile health information outreach program in underserved communities
- Innovative health-related programs to address identified health information needs of community members.
Partnerships are encouraged between network member and other organizations, such as:
- Public libraries
- Hospital libraries
- Academic health science libraries
- Refugee health organizations
- Community health workers
- K-12 schools and community colleges
- State or local health departments
- Faith-based organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Law enforcement, fire, and emergency responder agencies
Projects may target a specific community or population including but not limited to:
- Age-based programs for children, teens, or older adults
- Unaffiliated healthcare professionals
- Minority or ethnic populations
- Low-income communities
- Emergency responders
- LGBTQ populations
GrantWatch ID#: 182866
Number of Awards Available: 4
Up to $12,000 per award
The funding period is Wednesday, May 1, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit your application materials to email@example.com with the Subject "Express Outreach Award."
NNLM Pacific Southwest Region
12-077 Center for the Health Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1798
USA: Arizona; California; Hawaii; Nevada
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)