Foundation / Corporation
Women in Northfield Giving Support (WINGS)
Grants up to $25,000 to Northfield, Minnesota nonprofit organizations, public schools, and government organizations for programs that address the needs of local youth and women of all denominations, cultures, and abilities. Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Innovation – Projects that are new to the Northfield community or innovative new dimensions to an existing project.
- Broad and Long Term Impact – Projects that have the potential to impact a large number of women, youth, and/or elderly and have a long term effect beyond the three years of the grant.
- Need – Unfunded or underfunded projects that address a significant need in the Northfield community.
- Women and/or Youth – Projects that benefit women and/or youth in the Northfield community. Project proposals that benefit elderly or underserved populations are welcomed.
- Collaboration – Incorporating collaborative efforts of multiple nonprofits will strengthen the application.
WINGS grants contribute to the health, safety, education, socialization, artistic growth, and economic stability of the community. WINGS strives to increase access to opportunity through grants to both new and existing projects, taking into consideration financial need, impact, and capacity building. WINGS encourages innovative initiatives.
WINGS prefers to fund programs/projects that:
- Address financial need and increase access to opportunity.
- Offer a proactive, innovative approach to solving a community problem.
- Address systemic change.
- Build capacity by leveraging resources through partnerships with other funders.
- Enhance an organization’s abilities to carry out its mission.
- Result in tangible outcomes.
- Significantly impact the organization or the program.
Both the applicant organization and the project funded must comply with current legal requirements forbidding discrimination as to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
WINGS is a founding member of the “Northfield Promise: Every child. Cradle to career.” collective impact initiative. As such, WINGS seeks to align its funding to help more Northfield children and youth reach the 10 Northfield Promise benchmarks.
GrantWatch ID#: 182955
WINGS will award one Dare to Dream Bigger grant.
WINGS will award one Dare to Dream Bigger grant of $25,000.
It may take up to three years to use the funds.
WINGS gives grants to qualified nonprofit organizations, public schools, and government organizations for the purpose of general community support. Projects funded must benefit residents of the Northfield School District.
Grants will not be awarded for any of the following purposes: endowment campaigns, debt reduction, lobbying or sectarian purposes, or programs. In addition, grants typically will not be awarded for capital development or improvement projects.
Grant applications will be accepted from January 12, 2018, until March 19, 2018.
Grants are awarded in June.
The WINGS Dare to Dream Bigger Grant Application must be submitted electronically following the instructions below.
The WINGS Grant Application consists of two parts:
- Online Data Form: Submit an Online Data Form with the application.
- Grant Application Form: Applications should be saved as a PDF and emailed to Alice Carson. Enter both the name of the applicant's organization and the project title in the subject line of the email and indicate that it is for the Dare to Dream Bigger grant. Verification that the applicant's grant application was received should be emailed to the applicant within 2 weeks of its receipt.
Contact Grants Chair, Alice Carson with any questions.
Online Data Form:
Northfield Promise Benchmarks:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
P.O. Box 845
Northfield, MN 55057
USA: Minnesota: Northfield