Foundation / Corporation
Maine Community Foundation (MaineCF)
06/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Maine nonprofit organizations, agencies, public schools, and Indian tribal governments for projects that promote handcrafts. Eligible projects include ceramics, jewelry, woodwork, metal crafts, fiber arts, basketry, glass arts, leather, and more. It also includes traditional Native American handcrafts.
The Belvedere Traditional Handcrafts Fund offers two types of support: project grants and capacity-building grants.
- Project grants for new projects that are no more than one year in operation or expanding projects that include new services, populations, or regions.
- Capacity-building grants for activities that are designed to strengthen traditional handcraft organizations to make them more efficient, increase their services, or improve their results.
Sample activities and projects:
- Workshops and lectures that improve the understanding and appreciation of traditional handcrafts in Maine
- Demonstrations and exhibitions that inform about various traditional handcrafts
- Training for board and staff to improve fundraising and financial management
- Strategic planning with specific goals and action plans
- Technology upgrades to support more efficient operations.
Applications for project or capacity building grants must include:
- Clear beginning and end dates
- Goals or outcomes that are measurable.
Grant funds can be used to support:
- Staff time dedicated to the proposed project or capacity-building activities
- New equipment or materials that are necessary to achieve the goals or outcomes of the proposed activities
- Training for staff, volunteer or board members
- Administrative overhead (up to 20% of the requested funding).
The Belvedere Traditional Handcrafts Fund will give priority to proposals that:
- Have the greatest potential to positively impact the community or the organization
- Will be sustained after Maine Community Foundation funding ends
- Include other sources of funding to support the proposed work.
GrantWatch ID#: 182980
The maximum grant size is $10,000.
Grant funds cannot be used to support multi-year requests.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information, please contact:
If you have questions regarding the Belvedere Traditional Handcrafts Fund, please contact the Maine Community Foundation, (877) 700-6800.
245 Main Street
Ellsworth, ME 04605-1613
50 Monument Square, 6th Floor
Portland, ME 04101