Miami Dade County - Office of Management and Budget
02/23/18 12:00 PM Noon
Grants to Miami-Dade County, Florida small businesses located in District 4 to promote economic viability. Funding may be used for a broad range of purchases and business development activities. In addition, technical assistance will be offered to grantees at no charge.
The Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program was created to provide financial and technical assistance to qualified small businesses that are approved for funding. This program has allowed small owned and operated businesses the opportunity to interact with local government under favorable conditions ultimately bridging the gap between the two entities.
The program provides financial assistance to further the economic viability of recipients.
Eligible Uses of Funding:
-Work Vehicle (must be purchased and registered under business name)
-Minor Interior/Exterior Renovations
-Commercial Liability Insurance
Technical assistance is made available to small businesses in order to create a better working and business environment, promote economic development opportunities, educate owners about various county-funded programs and projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 182989
All businesses must meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
1. In business for at least two year(s) (include proof – i.e. Sunbiz.org printout).
2. A photocopy of State of Florida Business License (Issued by Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation)
3. Cannot have more than seven (7) full-time employees.
4. Cannot be a part of a national chain.
5. Have no more than two (2) businesses.
6. Submit photocopies for the current year and past TWO fiscal years of Miami-Dade County Business Tax License (SEE SAMPLE) and Municipality license if located in a Municipality at the time of application. Business name on application must match one on license.
7. A physical address is required. P.O. Box as a mailing address is NOT allowed.
8. Applicant must apply in district where business is located.
9. Home-based businesses can apply.
10. Only one application per business.
11. Nonprofit agencies cannot apply.
12. Businesses that relocate out of the district during the application, award and payment processing of the grant will be disqualified.
13. Business or owner must not have a delinquent loan with Miami-Dade County or a County funded department or agency.
Ineligible uses of funding:
-Rent/Lease or Mortgage
-Late Payment Fees
-Local or State Licenses
-Purchase of Alcohol, Tobacco or Medicine
Applications will be accepted February 5, 2018 through 12:00 PM noon on February 23, 2018.
Guidelines for the Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program require that each approved recipient attend a mandatory business training workshop. It is very important that you attend the entire two-hour workshop and complete the required package at that time. Otherwise, you may be disqualified from the program. Approved businesses selected by the grant committee for a Mom and Pop Small Business grant will receive the date, time and location of the workshop.
The date, time and location of the workshop will be finalized at a later date. Approved grant recipients will be contacted with the workshop information via USPS mail.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Commissioner Sally A. Heyman, District 4
1100 NE 163rd Street, #303
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade County (District 4)