Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $15,000 to Alberta arts nonprofits that serve residents of Calgary and the surrounding areas for organizational and strategic support. Applicants must contact program staff to obtain access to the application. Funding is also available for new programming initiatives that advance the organization’s presentation and artistic practices.
Rozsa Foundation Aspiration Grants are designed to support arts organizations at key junctures as they look toward an aspirational vision for the future. These grants provide funding for a diverse range of key administrative and management processes and tools or programming initiatives that unlock significant new capacity and potential for the organization.
Strategic and succession planning, governance review, financial systems upgrades, human resource systems, development of marketing plans, fund development assistance, and technical resources are among the eligible tools and processes, with the key requirement being the ability to articulate why now is the time to undertake this work, as well as what significant impact the work will have and how the process or tools will move the organization toward their aspirational future.
New programming initiatives that advance your organization’s artistic or presentation practices are also eligible, including programs that involve collaboration between artists, arts companies, or other non-profit organizations. The focus here is on where the potential for significant organizational impact lies resulting from the program, whether it is in the development of a stronger business model, the creation of a new revenue stream, a long term beneficial partnership, or in another way.
GrantWatch ID#: 182993
Rozsa Foundation Aspiration Grants are made in amounts up to $15,000.
The following requirements apply to all Rozsa Foundation granting streams:
- You must be a charity with a valid CRA charitable business number (9 digits, 2 letters, 4 digits).
- You must be an arts-focused organization (or be applying for support in engaging the arts to further your mission).
- The focus of the investment is in Calgary and the surrounding area (including Rocky View County, MD Foothills, Banff, Canmore, Drumheller, and Rosebud) as well as to provincial organizations whose initiatives will directly benefit the Calgary arts community. Action Learning Projects are eligible, regardless of where in Alberta the organization is based.
- Organizations located outside of these areas may still be eligible but should contact the Foundation prior to beginning the application.
- Preference may be given to proposals that can use a Rozsa Foundation grant to leverage additional funding or other resources, as reflected in the project budget as well as those that are geared toward equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and those that promote inter-organizational collaboration.
The Foundation does not fund administrative salaries and normal administrative costs, deficit financing and debt repayment or capital campaigns. It will not fund your normal programming activities, but new programs or significant expansions are eligible if they can advance the organization in a meaningful way. It does not provide operating or undesignated funding, nor do they fund retroactively. If you are incurring costs before the decision meeting (these occur within one month after the deadline), the expenses may be ineligible.
Deadline for Winter 2019: Friday, February 01st, 2019.
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposal with Rozsa Foundation staff prior to application to ensure program fit and maximize the chance of success.
All applications are made online by clicking the "Apply" button at the bottom of each granting stream page. Applicants will require a registration code to access the online application, which can be received emailing Simon Mallett.
The Foundation accepts grant applications throughout the year and typically make decisions three times annually. Decisions are typically made within three weeks of the deadline date but may take longer from time to time. Organizations are only eligible to submit to one grant stream per application deadline.
Additional information about grant opportunities may be found here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://rozsafoundation.formstack.com/forms/grant_form
To apply, please call or email:
Simon Mallett, Executive Director
cSpace King Edward, suite 490
1721 29 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 6T7, Canada
Calgary and the surrounding area (including Rocky View County, MD Foothills, Banff, Canmore, Drumheller, and Rosebud)