Foundation / Corporation
Central Minnesota Arts Board (CMAB)
01/31/19 11:59 PM
Awards of $3,500 to Minnesota individual artists in eligible counties to recognize outstanding work. Funding is intended to support outstanding artists in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright Counties engaging in a range of art mediums and disciplines, such as painting, photography, sculpture, playwriting, dance, and music.
The Central Minnesota Arts Board (CMAB) Individual Artist Awards program offers awards to artists working in all disciplines and mediums (i.e. literary artists, dancers, visual artists, musicians, spoken word artists, etc.). These include:
- Two-dimensional & three-dimensional artistic works: Painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, ceramics, fiber arts, multi-media arts, and all fine crafts.
- Literary: Original poetry, prose (fiction and creative nonfiction), playwriting, and screenwriting.
- Performance: Dancers, choreographers, theatre performers, spoken word, composers, and musicians.
Evaluation criteria (30 points total):
1. The applicant’s work exhibits originality, technical skill, a personal artistic vision or voice.
2. Applicant work samples evoke emotion, intellectual inquiry, or other responses from an audience.
GrantWatch ID#: 182999
The Individual Artist Award provides awards of $3,500 each.
Who can apply:
- A self-proclaimed artist at least 18 years of age and a resident in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, or Wright County for a minimum of six months prior to the time of application. (This will be the location on the driver’s license, voting precinct, legally established residence.)
- Either a U.S. citizen or attained permanent resident alien status.
- Any Individual who has received three CMAB Individual Artist Awards.
- Artists who have received a CMAB Individual Artist Award within the past five CMAB fiscal years. Awardees from FY13-18 are ineligible in FY19.
- CMAB grant recipients with any overdue final reports
Artist Working Sessions - Applicants may receive assistance with applications and preparing work samples at the CMAB Office from 9am-4pm on:
- Tues., January 8 and 15
- Thurs., January 10 and 17
More information: https://centralmnartsboard.org/artists/opps/trainings.html
- Application Deadline: Thurs., January 31, 2019
- Panel Review: Fri., March 1, 2019
- Board Review Date: Wed., March 14, 2019
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.
The online application system may present a barrier to some applicants. The Foundation will make reasonable efforts to accommodate particular needs on a case-by-case basis. This information can be made available in the following alternative formats: Braille, large print, and audio recording. The Foundation can also help find a language interpreter to translate the program guidelines. To accommodate your requests, the Central MN Arts Board will need at least 10 working days.
- Applications will be made available to the CMAB Board of Directors or a review panel at least two weeks prior to the review date. All applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision in writing.
- Applications are assigned final scores at an in-person review meeting. Each application will receive a score on a scale from 1 (low) to 30 (high). An applicant must attain an average of 15.0 or higher in order to be considered for funding.
Applicants should apply as an individual rather than as part of a group or organization.
Artists may receive up to three individual artist awards in a lifetime with a minimum five-year interval between awards.
Applicants are encouraged to call the CMAB office to discuss the eligibility of their application.
To receive assistance with applications and preparation of work samples, applicants may attend one of the Artist Working Sessions (see Pre-Proposal Conference above).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal:
Leslie LeCuyer, Executive Director
Central MN Arts Board
P.O. Box 458
220 4th Ave North
Foley, MN 56329
Toll Free: 866-345-7140
USA: Minnesota: Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright Counties